Anybody know what year this Evinrude/Johnson OB is?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BloodStone

Reaction score
Found this motor tonight, it's an 18 hp Evinrude or maybe a Johnson with an Evinrude cowl :-s (all white, black Evinirude logo on side of cowl) but, I'll be damned if I can find the year it was made (looked all over the internet, iboats, search engines, etc..) Anybody know? (I'm taking an educated guess of 1964 Johnson :?:) Thanks
P.S. Any additional relevant info would also be appreciated.

Model number FD18E

Serial #J2480750

The model # and serial appear to be from a johnson. And my guess would be a 64. you can check to see if transom clamp has been replaced or possibly the powerhead by double checking the the serial# on the freezeplug that will be on the side of the cylinder of the motor. the serials should be the same on motor and transom clamp plate.

Those are definitely Johnson numbers, both the model and serial. Both are also for a '64 18 horse, so either you transom clamp got swapped, or the cowl did. J/E has been putting the model numbers on the freeze plug for a time, so that will be your only surefire way to know what got swapped.