Anyone own MK powerdrive v2?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a Power drive V2 55lb thrust and it will be here tomorrow. Got the 2011 model brand new in the box with warranty with the ipilot for $604 online with free shipping and no tax. I will let you know how it works soon :) I made a very similar post to this about a week ago before I decided to get the Power Drive.

I have owned 2 - A 55lb 12V and now a 70# 24V - No issues or qualms. When I firsts got one I had come from a cable driven system do it was a bit different but t hey work great. I have the 70# V2 on my G3 1966 with the copilot so you're not tied to the seat or restricted by the length of the foot pedal cord. I'd personally buy another one.

Just my two pennies

Johny25 said:
I just bought a Power drive V2 55lb thrust and it will be here tomorrow. Got the 2011 model brand new in the box with warranty with the ipilot for $604 online with free shipping and no tax. I will let you know how it works soon :) I made a very similar post to this about a week ago before I decided to get the Power Drive.
Where you find that deal at? One thing I dont like about the power drive v2 is you cant use the foot pedal with ipilot, i think i may go with terrova.

Badbagger said:
I have owned 2 - A 55lb 12V and now a 70# 24V - No issues or qualms. When I firsts got one I had come from a cable driven system do it was a bit different but t hey work great. I have the 70# V2 on my G3 1966 with the copilot so you're not tied to the seat or restricted by the length of the foot pedal cord. I'd personally buy another one.

Just my two pennies
I see, how long is the cord on the v2?

I got it off of Minn Kota factory outlet.com.... And I just looked on there and all the 2011 models are gone now.....wow they went quick. There were a few on Ebay to and it looks like they are all gone too! I guess I got lucky, man I am glad I bought it when I ran across it.

I have heard Terrova's are better for a few reasons but $300-400 better I think not lol.... I just could not justify a $1000 trolling motor hanging off the front of my boat. $600 was plenty to get my *** in the ringer with the wife, $1000 and I would have been sleeping in the garage with my boat for a year lol

I got the same one as Johny25...55 lbs with iPilot. The 2011 model has 3 and 3 for the number of trolling tracks and spotlock points, while the new ones have 6 and 6. I have mine on a 1448 mod-v jon boat, and it works great. The only problem I've ever had was the first time I tried spotlock...I pushed the anchor button while I was moving with the wind (about a 20 mph wind), and when the TM tried to bring me back it turned its head almost 360 degrees, wrapping the cord around itself. That was my fault! Other than that (and again...it was my bad), I would highly recommend it...at least based on the six times I've gone fishing with it!

Attachments

• IMG_3118.JPG
    IMG_3118.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 703
24mph is pretty good for a 15hp. I am going to have to remember not to do what you did with the anchor button. I thought mine was going to be here by now :( I didn't mind getting last years model, and the price was un-beatable : )

That's 24 mph with just me in it, another person and I can get about 22. It over-revved with the factory prop (9 1/4 X 9), so I replaced it with a 9 1/4 X 10, and never had the problem again. Yeah, I really like it! I agree Johny...I bought a Lowrance Elite 5 DSI/Chartplotter and Fishing Hot Spots Pro card yesterday, with the money I saved (and a little OT money)!

Speak of the devil, the UPS guy knocked on my door 15 minutes after I made that post lol..... Now I have a project for the weekend : )

I'd say the cord on the foot pedal is between 8 to 10'... just a SWAG. Scientific Wild *** Guess being that the boat is covered up at the moment.

have had my PD v2 installed for a couple weeks now...love it. tough getting used to the foot controls, but the 45 pulls my 16 no problem in heavy current. Foot pedal control is 16' long.....for those that say there is a delay in the electronic foot pedal, I haven't seen it....it goes where and when I tell it to......quickly too....enough to throw someone off balance when you change directions... lol....found it on sale online for $399 plus shipping, printed it out and brought it to local store and asked them to match it....they came down the $40 to match it which was cool.

KevinWI said:
have had my PD v2 installed for a couple weeks now...love it. tough getting used to the foot controls, but the 45 pulls my 16 no problem in heavy current. Foot pedal control is 16' long.....for those that say there is a delay in the electronic foot pedal, I haven't seen it....it goes where and when I tell it to......quickly too....enough to throw someone off balance when you change directions... lol....found it on sale online for $399 plus shipping, printed it out and brought it to local store and asked them to match it....they came down the $40 to match it which was cool.
Good to hear you are happy with it. I decided to go with Terrova 55 with I pilot. if 45 lbs of thrust is workin for your 16, 55 should work fine for my 12!

Update to my post dated 30 Mar 2012, 07:09: I went out yesterday and was using spotlock on my TM. The head rotated almost all the way around again (I'd guess about 340 degrees), but stopped and rotated the other way (unwrapping the cord) until it was back in the previous position. So appearently I was wrong in assuming that it could potentially wrap itself up, and Minn Kota's programmers took the cord into condideration when they set up the spotlock program.

Latest posts