Anyone use carpet that wasn't rubber backed?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AR.223

Reaction score
The carpet I like that is local does not have a rubber backing. It is outdoor carpet though. The carpet they have that has rubber on the back side seems to fray very easy.

Don't know what you are doing and that might make a difference.

One Lowes store in Lexington has marine grade carpet. The others don't. All these seem to shed more than I think they should.For a boat stored out of the weather any outdoor might work.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=339289#p339289 said:
Colbyt » Today, 19:40[/url]"]Don't know what you are doing and that might make a difference.Carpeting the deck and floor in my boat

One Lowes store in Lexington has marine grade carpet. The others don't. All these seem to shed more than I think they should.For a boat stored out of the weather any outdoor might work.Yes lowes is the store I'm talking about, They have grey outdoor carpet that has the rubber back and one that doesn't. The one that does not have rubber backing can be purchased in precut rolls of 6x8 for $18

My understanding is that what the carpet and backing are made from is the key factor. 100% Olefin is what I think you want to buy for decking or wet areas. Some places sell that and don't call it Marine grade. I would take a chance on bunk boards but not with my decking.

Latest posts