arkansas river catfishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slabmaster

Reaction score
i realize i live a little south of you folks but i'm gonna give a report anyway. i went catfishing saturday evening 4-5-08 below ozark jeta taylor lock and dam in ozark arkansas. the river is up and muddy. flow thru dam was 155,000 cubic ft per second. found shad in gar creek. had 2 throws with 5 shad in them the rest was one or two per throw. fished from 10.30 pm till 3 am caught 8 blue catfish and one channel cat. blues were 5 to 7 pounds channel was about 4 lb'r. total string weight was 48 lbs. the last 2 weeks in april and the whole month of may is prime time blue cat fishing below the dams on the arkansas navigation channel.

Thanks for the report! Hardcore fishing from 10:30 to 3AM. Bring a camera next time! so we can see them! :wink:

I do most of my fishing through you guys! :D

5-7 pounders- sweet !!! How are the blue when it come to eating? I love catfish, especially cajun style but I never tried blues. We have a few around here but I never caught one. What did you catch them on?

Good report slabmaster. No blues in my local area, but Flatheads aplenty. Hopefully I'll have some good reports for you spring though fall. I look forward to seeing some of your pics.

blue cats meat is snow white. very thin layer of red meat between the skin and flesh(very little). it is not as strong(fishy tasteing) as channle cat. i will make an effort to post some pics. i have a freind who can download some for me i think.

Good report slabmaster, I get all my catfish at the Shop-rite river and the guides cook it up for ya :wink: Ever do any Noodleing?

no noodleing for me. i'll leave that for the guy's that don't know how to cast a surf rod .lol i do know a bunch of guys that do noodle . they are a different breed.

Latest posts