Bad day learned my leason

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caddyjosh

Reaction score
This last weekend Thought it would be a good idea to hit the lake with my dog she has not been fishing with me much. Put the boat in she jumped right in the boat as soon as I started trolling and she seen a weed floating in the water she jumped in after it. Then every time I would cast she would bark untill I reeled in. Oh ya and she pooped in the boat that pretty much ended our outing. I will probably try again because I want her to be my fishing buddy but next time we will stay on land. NO Fish and a big headache

caddyjosh said:
This last weekend Thought it would be a good idea to hit the lake with my dog she has not been fishing with me much. Put the boat in she jumped right in the boat as soon as I started trolling and she seen a weed floating in the water she jumped in after it. Then every time I would cast she would bark untill I reeled in. Oh ya and she pooped in the boat that pretty much ended our outing. I will probably try again because I want her to be my fishing buddy but next time we will stay on land. NO Fish and a big headache

Bad day but you got a great story to tell out of it.

That is awesome! My dog is about the same - jumped over one night while striper fishing in the middle of the ocean - not fun!

If you bring your dog on the water I suggest one of these:

FloatationJacket-Orange_small.jpg

PA-Camo.jpg

That handle on the back really helps. Last thing you need is a drowned dog or drowned you in case of emergency

BassAddict said:
Sounds like a good episode for the dog whisper.

yes. dont talk to it. dont be friends with it. dont listen to it. just DOMINATE IT. haha.

What type of dog is it, I dont think I could ever take mine with me as he doesnt know how to act right, plus hes around 80lbs so if he jumped overboard it would be tricky to get him back on the boat. Sucks about the duce he dropped on your boat. Hope you have better luck with him on the bank

I took my dad slime dart fishing in the spring and he brought his dog with us. This dog went nuts everytime I hooked a fish. She started barking and ran down to the waters edge to try and bite the fish. It was funny as hell. My dad had to finally put her back in the car because she was out of control.

i cant wait to get my dog out on my boat, definitely getting one of those doggy life jackets!

Captain Ahab said:
That is awesome! My dog is about the same - jumped over one night while striper fishing in the middle of the ocean - not fun!

If you bring your dog on the water I suggest one of these:

FloatationJacket-Orange_small.jpg

PA-Camo.jpg

That handle on the back really helps. Last thing you need is a drowned dog or drowned you in case of emergency

Thanks captain I was actually think a brick would work better just kidding I love her anyway

slim357 said:
What type of dog is it, I dont think I could ever take mine with me as he doesnt know how to act right, plus hes around 80lbs so if he jumped overboard it would be tricky to get him back on the boat. Sucks about the duce he dropped on your boat. Hope you have better luck with him on the bank

Akita mix and very hyper

Thanks guy I laugh about it now but that day I was defiantly not laughing. is ther any tie downs that work on boats to keet them in one spot or I guess that would not be safe in case in sunk.

Also,
If your dog is dumb like mine, watch out for lures on the boat. Last thing you want is a dog with a lure in its mouth. My dog tries to eat everything....He is getting better now that he is 2 but still.

Latest posts