Battery Box Power Station?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coach d

Reaction score
Do any of y'all use a battery box power station? I'd like to use one since it has a built in circuit breaker and amp. If you use one which one do you recommend?

I went to one last spring and really like it. Mine is an Attwood Power Center and has an outlet on each end that I use for spotlights, cell chargers and such.

I use the same attwood box works great ...... I think you will like it also. for me the best part was the outlet that i use for a light.

I use the Minn Kota one. It looks just like the atwood one and similar price.

I'm not real impressed by mine. Positive terminal is loose on the outside, have to hold it to tighten. Guess I overtightened but didn't think so.

When I took it out last fall the connections looked like they had rusted. not corrosion just cheap components I think.

I use it for my back trolling motor and have kicked the breaker couple times with a 50lb minn kota troller. Maybe because of the connections and rust? don't know.

If you find one on sale I wouldn't avoid it. The problems with mine can be avoided I'm sure if you are careful. They are probably like everything else, made in the same factory and a different name put on it or use the same components.

I plan on using some battery terminal protective spray stuff on the connections this spring when I put it back together. The really bad rust ones I'm going to replace and I'm hoping that was the reason it kicks the breaker. Too much resistance maybe? That's the nice thing about breakers, you just push the little button and away you go again.

My boat sits in the water all the time so if something is going to go wrong it will. This year hopefully will be different because I installed a lid over the back portion of the boat so the batteries and charger will be more protected.

Alright. I would be removing mine as I live next to a busy road. Have had lawn solar lights get stolen so I won't risk my boat stuff. Lol

Lawn solar lights huh? hm, I remember one of them stupid kid moments years ago when it seemed like a good idea to collect driveway reflectors. lol I'm pretty sure there was alcohol involved somewhere too.

I have the Minn Kota and love it. Not issues at all. I like the cigarette adaptor on it. I have my bilge wired for that. I would go with the Minn Kota and not look back.

Tim