Battery Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassBlaster

Reaction score
I need to know what size battery to buy for my litle rig. I have decided I'm running a one battery system and purchased a single bank charger so I'm commited to only one. Reason for only one is strictly weight. The charger I purchased is a Pro Mariner Pro Sports single bank. The electronics on the boat are a Minn Kota 40 pound bow mount, 2 fish finders, bildge pump, anchor/navigation lights and courtesy lights. Obviously the lights will only be used for night time fishing which I do very little of and not for long periods of time when I am out. The fish finders will be used one at a time. The rear solely for depth when traveling with the outboard. The front will be used during all fishing as it is a color unit with GPS. I plan to purchase a Wally World battery as I have had good luck with them in the past. I didnt realize till I educated myself on here that there are differnt size group batteries. What size fits what I have laid out here?

i just had to replace my walmart battery in less than 2 years. they shortened there warenty to 18 months.
https://www.interstatebatteries.com/cs_eStore/content/product_info/marine_f.asp
i just picked up the srm 29. with a 30 month waranty. thats what my other battery that is a few months older and gets far more abuse. with all the stuff youve got go with the biggest you can afford.

I'm not opposed to buying another brand. I have always had good luck with the Ever Start's in the past but it has been several years since owning a boat and my other boats only had a trolling motor.

Looking at the chart you posted, the largest one is just way too big. Dimension wise and weight so I guess I would be going with the group 29 which is the next to largest.

Anyone have an opinion on the best brand for 150 bucks or less?

I have made the switch to AGM batteries and wont look back
I have 4 in my boat all size 29 they ran me almost $700 for them but i haven't come close to running them down since i put them in
I fish very heavy current and am on the motor all day
they are deka's
they also make great wet cell batteries not sure of the price though

I was in the same situation and decided to go with an AGM type battery. I wanted only ONE powerful long lasting on the water large battery for my trolling motor. So when comparing and pricing brands I decided to go with the Full River Brand and got one big Group 31 DC Series DC115-12a (or B not sure). There is a local battery store here and I picked it up for right at $200, hopefully it will last a long time as other users of AGM types are reporting.

https://www.fullriver.com/index-old.html and https://www.fullriver.com/products/dclist.asp

I have had good luck with the WW Marine EverStart Maxx. I think it is group 29. My original was moved from boat to diesel tractor. Doing just fine, there to.

FuzzyGrub said:
I have had good luck with the WW Marine EverStart Maxx. I think it is group 29. My original was moved from boat to diesel tractor. Doing just fine, there to.
I think thats the one I'm going with. I looked into the other suggestions and they are just WAY over budget.

Latest posts