Battery Selection-No Trolling Motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhwadeuk

Reaction score
At the point in my boat renovation where I will be running electrical. I am somewhat lost when it comes to my needs for a battery. The boat came with a mariner 40hp that was originally pull start but was converted to electric start. I have added an LED light bar, led courtesy lights, Bluetooth radio, bilge pump, and 2 light plug bases for front and back nav pole lights. I will not be using a trolling motor at all as it is a dedicated duck rig.

My question is, should I run a dedicated starting battery for the motor and dedicated deep cycle for all accessories? I would like to keep weight low and run only 1 battery if possible. Would a dual purpose battery work in this situation as no trolling motor is being used? Could I use only a deep cycle? I have compartments where a group 24 battery would fit. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have a U1 deep cycle for everything, but my duck boat also has a pull start option.

LED light bar, led navigation lights and led interior lights. My motor also has a 10 or 12 amp charging circuit.

I used the U1 and just a 3gal tank to cut down on weight, wanted the rig to be as light as possible.