Been a while

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim357

Reaction score
I havent filed a report in a while so i figured id go a head and do a write up of the past few days. Last week we had a cold front pass through, followed by 80 degree weather, kinda skipped spring and headed into summer. On friday I got out early when it was still some what cool, fished with a spinnerbait and a basstrix, nothing would touch the spinnerbait but I had some good numbers with the basstrix, mostly dinks, with one nice fish about 4 pounds.
4-24-09.jpg

Fished again on sunday for a few hours, pulled in 3 or 4 dinks mostly around 12-15inches none worth me gettin the camera out for. Monday was more of the same but less fish. Last night I started thinkin of different baits/techniques to try and see if I could find some bigger fish, first thing to come to mind was a jig. So today I headed out with a spinnerbait and a jig tied on, fished for about 5 hours, pulled in about 7 or 8 on a jig, biggest being about 16inches #-o, and 5 or 6 on a spinnerbait, biggest being about 3 pounds.
4-28-09.jpg

About time Slim - you are slipping. From now on no less then two reports per week, every week!

Looks like a great time and some decent fish.

What happened to your shad run? They are in full force just a few miles north of you

Good to see your reports again!

slim357 said:
Jim said:
Nice slim! You liking them Basstrix?
Yes

How much weight on the hooks and what kind of hooks are you running? I have some Money Minnow(pre-buyout) and haven't fished them much but want to get some fish on them. I bought 2 of the larger and 1 of the smaller size and the small ones seem like a mistake, I can't find a good hook for them and they don't have the action.

Nickk said:
How much weight on the hooks and what kind of hooks are you running? I have some Money Minnow(pre-buyout) and haven't fished them much but want to get some fish on them. I bought 2 of the larger and 1 of the smaller size and the small ones seem like a mistake, I can't find a good hook for them and they don't have the action.
I was using some that were 1/4oz I had from last year I have no idea who makes them but the weight is shaped like a bullet weight, Ive tried using gamma hooks, but they just dont work as good. Just found the name genesis, the ones with the wide hook gap not the round bend.

Latest posts