Best Prop?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thread all. I run the same boat as you, LaqueRatt, but with a 20 HP 1994 Merc 2 stroke. Stock prop size is 10-3/8 x 13. Interesting that it uses a bigger prop than your larger ‘rude. All I know is I can keep up with my buddy in a 16ft with a 30HP Johnson.

My motor came with a beat up prop and I managed to find an OEM original on eBay for a stellar price. I don’t have a tach but y’all convinced me I need to add that to my arsenal.

Finally found time to get out and try the new prop today. Ended up buying a Michigan Wheel 012013 9 1/4" x11" prop from The Prop Shop in Mukilteo, WA. Great prices and customer service. Same specs as OEM, but the profile was slightly different. Fits a little snugger on the shaft than the original, but it seems to work just fine.

Got it out on the lake and boy my Mirro hauls a$$ now. My seat of the pants speedo say 35 mph. 30 at least. Man the shoreline was flying by. Gotta love a 200 lb boat!

I have one issue though with the 77 Evinrude 25. When I start it in neutral and try to give it some gas, it only picks up a few RPMs. Doesn't seem right. Is there an adjustment that will let me rev to 1,000 or so in neutral? Was idling so low that when I tried to knock down the choke a notch it died on me and was hard to start. Other than that it starts on one pull. Cold or warm.