Big belled speckled trout with a 12" sand trout inside.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty.hook

Reaction score
Yesterday morning I caught a 23" speckled trout that had a large belly on it. I gave it and other some specs to my uncle to eat. He called a little later and said no wonder the belly was so big, it had a 12" sand trout inside!
I caught it on a Maniac Mullet, pink color and it real slammed it hard. I told my uncle how hard it hit and we could not believe it still hit that hard with that 12" sand trout inside. He said big trout like big baits.
Has any else had any kind of experience like that.
See the bait below., it is about 6" long and it is a slow sinker.

Attachments

• mm-4_o9o9.jpg
    mm-4_o9o9.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 255
I was fishing a friends pond a couple years ago on beautiful sunny day. The pond was very clear for a change as we hadn't had any recent rain to muddy it up. This day I was throwing out a small panther martin spinner and catching bluegill and small largemouth bass. After about an hour of moderate success, I hooked into a bluegill and began reeling him in. I got it in about half way and out of no where a large mouth snatched him up!! The largemouth was about 14-15 inches and I'd say about 1-1.5lbs. Excitedly, I reeled them both in and pulled them up on shore. The largemouth never actually got hooked, but did not want to let go of that blue gill either!! Needless to say, that was the first and only fish I ever caught without hooking it at all!

I took the bass off the bluegill and released him, then took the bluegill off the hook and released him. I watched the obviously shaken up blue gill attempt to swim/stagger away. Just as I start to turn my head, I noticed in my peripheral vision a dark flash which started from the reeds to in the direction of where the bluegill was. As I turn back, where the bluegill stood, now stood probably the largest bass in the entire pond--about 20inches and probably 3.5-4lbs. As he flexed his gills forcing down hit mid-day snack, all I thought about was how tragic the final moments of life must have been for that bluegill... From being dragged in by a fisherman, to being eaten... then being free from both the alpha predator and the hook in its mouth... only to end up being eaten again by another, even larger alpha predator--all in 60 seconds. wow.

Bigkat650 said:
I was fishing a friends pond a couple years ago on beautiful sunny day. The pond was very clear for a change as we hadn't had any recent rain to muddy it up. This day I was throwing out a small panther martin spinner and catching bluegill and small largemouth bass. After about an hour of moderate success, I hooked into a bluegill and began reeling him in. I got it in about half way and out of no where a large mouth snatched him up!! The largemouth was about 14-15 inches and I'd say about 1-1.5lbs. Excitedly, I reeled them both in and pulled them up on shore. The largemouth never actually got hooked, but did not want to let go of that blue gill either!! Needless to say, that was the first and only fish I ever caught without hooking it at all!

I took the bass off the bluegill and released him, then took the bluegill off the hook and released him. I watched the obviously shaken up blue gill attempt to swim/stagger away. Just as I start to turn my head, I noticed in my peripheral vision a dark flash which started from the reeds to in the direction of where the bluegill was. As I turn back, where the bluegill stood, now stood probably the largest bass in the entire pond--about 20inches and probably 3.5-4lbs. As he flexed his gills forcing down hit mid-day snack, all I thought about was how tragic the final moments of life must have been for that bluegill... From being dragged in by a fisherman, to being eaten... then being free from both the alpha predator and the hook in its mouth... only to end up being eaten again by another, even larger alpha predator--all in 60 seconds. wow.

guess that's a true definition of having a bad day LOL

Latest posts