big water.....small........mouth

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickk

Reaction score
quick report.

I grabbed my 2-piece Cabelas Gold Label casting rod($25) and bait tossed in a backpack and rode my bicycle down to Lake Michigan, it's about a 20 minute ride from me. I caught a small largemouth and then the spot I really wanted to be fishing became vacant, so I filled it. I had a big smallie that was really fighting hard but then I saw he was bleeding, I got him in as fast as possible and chopped the line close and released him, he stayed close at first but then took off. I hooked into a another beast and this time had the hook buried in the it's upperlip and the roof of it's mouth, it wasn't going anywhere though it tried. It went on several drag ripping runs and I got him in.

Big Water:
LakeMichigansmallie001.jpg

Big Fish:
LakeMichigansmallie003.jpg

Nice catch.I have never been able to purposely catch smallies.I have went out fishing for large mouth,crappies,and blue gill,and caught smallies.I just can't seem to land on smallies like I can large mouth and other small fish. :?