Bigger or better boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispy186

Reaction score
So I have had my Tracker 1542 for a couple of years now. Its a pretty stable boat and its really light, but the build didnt come out exactly as I wanted it to. So instead of redoing the whole thing , I was thinking about getting into either an all welded 1448, or go with a bigger riveted boat like a 1648. What would you guys do?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=342436#p342436 said:
DrNip » Today, 14:37[/url]"]Which 1448 and 1648 you looking at?
I wasn't really looking at any in particular, my only experience with either boat has come from a buddies 1448 grizzly, so I'm open to suggestions.

I have a Grizzly 1448, & love it. It's perfect for 2 adults to fish off of comfortably, in my opinion. 3 is a crowd though. I will be looking for a Grizzly or other welded 1754 tiller when the time comes. The 1648's are nice as well, but not big enough for me to justify getting over my 1448. It didn't feel like there was all that much more space on the 1648. I feel like a 1754 set up right would be great for my needs. I guess it all depends on what you want to do with it.

My thoughts are if you are looking at a 16' boat then try getting something wider than 48". I was thinking 1652.