Biosonix, an unfair advantage?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMDave

Reaction score
Mike Iaconelli and Kevin Vandam owe their success to Biosonix, a machine that utilzes "play back sounds of distressed baitfish and live bait being attacked and eaten by predators," which in turn attracts bass. I feel this might give them an unfair advantage, and this can lead to some "tainted" (I know, the word's not right, but I can't think of the right word) wins. Sometimes, the difference between 10th and 1st place can be a matter of a couple ounces. Do you feel that KVD and Iaconelli have an unfair advantage? Do you think they should be allowed to use them if only every angler could use them? I feel that way. Also, I think using this product requires no skill while other anglers try to compete with just rattles and good lure presentations, when KVD and Iaconelli combine these WITH the Biosonix. Just want some opinions, this is an interesting topic. Here's a link to the the site: https://biosonix.com/

I agree that they should be deemed against the rules of fairplay, regardless of their effectiveness. To me, electronic sound generation for fish attraction is basically sonic chumming. I think the bait should make the sounds mechanically and electronic sound production should be banned, gotta draw the line somewhere.

I say let them have it. It's another thing to add to an arsenal of techniques to catch fish. Anyone can buy one, even equired. Buying one, and using it does not guarantee you to catch fish. Skill level and presentation catches fish, not gimmicks, hot colors, secret baits and such.

I think they are the smarter fishermen for trying something new. They took a chance on a new product that seem to be working. If we as anglers never tried new products we would still be using fish bones for hooks.

if the product was THAT good and made THAT much of a difference they would be finishing first and second every event. they still need to find fish holding areas and put them in the boat,,

Latest posts