Boat Identification

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
01150801020401030020080908662a44975.jpg

Alright, I'll take the camera along. This is another picture of the outside. He only had two posted.

If I bought that jon boat....where could I find a replacement screen for it?

Ya, I called the guy and asked him who made it ....and he couldn't tell me so the mystery deepens. Hopefully I can find some markings on it somewhere to help identify it when I go to see it. That might have to wait till tomorrow looks like because we are getting some good thunderstorms right now moving through the area.

13rannon said:
Ya, I called the guy and asked him who made it ....and he couldn't tell me so the mystery deepens. Hopefully I can find some markings on it somewhere to help identify it when I go to see it. That might have to wait till tomorrow looks like because we are getting some good thunderstorms right now moving through the area.

I would be interested to see what kind of boat it is, too. Personally, I would go with a jon, but that one seems pretty expensive.

I like the jon the best, but that isn't very much motor for a boat that size. I would be surprised to see 4 mph out of that rig. That last vee isn't very suitable for fishing, and I never advocate pulling the cover off a bow - defacing a classic boat for good. That middle one is odd, to say the least. That 25 probably pushes it out well, but I don't have a clue how stable it would be, or how well it would take rough water.

I just got done looking at that middle boat...and man what a boat. That thing is deep and a lot larger than I thought from the pictures. It was dark when I got there because I left late so no new pics. It looks like someone made it. It doesn't appear to be a manufactured boat at all.

Really wierd thing.

Waterwings said:
...It looks like someone made it...

Definitely not manufactured. It looks to me if you got too far forward in the bow, the dang stern would lift out of the water :shock:

You mean you've never fished from a "self-landing" boat WW? You fish from the front, and after a catch is made, the boat stands on it's nose & you just drag the fish over the bow :wink:

ST

SlimeTime said:
Waterwings said:
...It looks like someone made it...

Definitely not manufactured. It looks to me if you got too far forward in the bow, the dang stern would lift out of the water :shock:

You mean you've never fished from a "self-landing" boat WW? You fish from the front, and after a catch is made, the boat stands on it's nose & you just drag the fish over the bow :wink:

ST

:lol: It may only be good for one landing, lol :lol:

I'd like to know how the middle boat handles in the water.The trailer looks in good shape as well as the motor.A couple kids,wife and gear,that 25hp might just be what your looking for.
The boat does look odd though...but hey might be the cats meow on the water.Is it all decked out?See if buddy will take you on a test ride.
The 12 footer is nice,especially if you duck hunt.Just(for me),alittle small for more then 2 people.
It's getting close to when people start selling there rigs for winter,might be some more options later.

DING-DING-DING.......there's a winner! :wink: I like it, nice boat!

Uhhhh...14' X 48" beam......mid 70's 20 HP Johnson.........how close am I?? #-o

ST