Boat Names

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOUSE said:
I heard it's bad luck to name a boat with "MINNOW" in the title because of what happened to Gilligan and the U.S.S. Minnow. Has anyone else heard this? I was going to name mine, the "Minnowtaur", but I don't want to get shipwrecked on a 3-hour tour...a 3-hour tour.

-House

Never heard of that particular curse, but it makes sense. Oh, and shouldn't that be a "3-hour taur" ? (sorry, I couldn't resist)

kfa4303 said:
HOUSE said:
I heard it's bad luck to name a boat with "MINNOW" in the title because of what happened to Gilligan and the U.S.S. Minnow. Has anyone else heard this? I was going to name mine, the "Minnowtaur", but I don't want to get shipwrecked on a 3-hour tour...a 3-hour tour.

-House

Never heard of that particular curse, but it makes sense. Oh, and shouldn't that be a "3-hour taur" ? (sorry, I couldn't resist)

hahaha
Well played, Sir!

I'm going to use that line during the "ceremony". My boat was originally named, "Mrs. Ruthie" and that just has to go.

I've seen a few at a local beach bar. One was 'Shipfaced', another was 'Last Call' with the lettering going from being upright to falling over.

If i ever have days off work to "finish" her up and be water ready "lazarus" seems a good fit considering the shape when i got it

I must update my post in here!

100_0439.jpg

My big boat is called "Goin' Deeper" cause I bought it so I could go out into the Gulf.

I'm undecided on the new tinny -

Goin' Flatter
Goin' Shallow
Gettin' Wetter
Not Goin' Deeper

Can't decide....

HOUSE said:

-House

Can't be, my first boat was named "minnowchaser" :mrgreen:

My current boat is either getting a sticker of "Betsy" or "BetSea"

I always said that once I got a jon boat, I'd name it "Flat Bottomed Girl". Now that I have one, I'm not sure if I'll go through with it. :?

Latest posts