Boat Price

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntroilo1288

Reaction score
Im Trying to sell my Sears Gamefisher 12ft V it has an 85 Johnson Seahorse and a 36lb Thrust Minn Kota with 2 seats a battery gas tank fuel line anchor trailer all in good condition no leaks or problems and the motor was just professionally looked over with the receipt of the work. I was wondering what would be a good price to sell it at?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 916
It depends a lot on where you live, and what time in the year you sell it, later in the summer you may be able to get a couple hundred more just because everybody wants to go fishing your best bet is to go to NADA.com its like Kelly Blue Book for boats and motors. Also look on Craigslist for other boats like yours, but if you have all the tittles and registrations up to date I wouldn't see why you couldn't get +$1,200 or more depending on the age of your boat and the hp of your motor.

I always find questions like this hard to answer since so much depends on relative condition and age, location, time of the year and other factors. And you don't specify the size of the OB. My suggestion would be to look closely for comparisons in your local market, including CL, other electronic and print ads, local marine dealers, etc. Also consider how badly you want to sell and whether you would consider a trade for a different boat or other toys. Good luck.

Agreed, a lot depends on where you're located and time of year that you sell. I sold my 12' Gamefisher this past spring with 2 seats, a 3.9hp Merc that ran good and a trailer and wasn't very good for $550. I put it on craigslist and it was sold 2 days later. So if you have gas tank, battery, and trolling motor, as well as a pretty nice looking galv trailer from what I can see, you should get a good deal more than what I did.

I agree it depends on location and all that .... but to try and help you out, if I were selling that boat in my area, things would be worth about:

Trailer - 250
Boat - 250
Motor - 400
Accessories - 200
TOTAL $1,100

I'd list it on CL for $1,495 and take the first cash offer over 1000.

Thanks for the reply's the motor is a 9.9 I have it up on CL for 1300 I just bought boat this Boat below and am in no real rush to sell but im not getting many calls on it

Attachments

• photo(10).JPG
    photo(10).JPG
    115 KB · Views: 855
  • photo(9).JPG
    photo(9).JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 855
  • photo(8).JPG
    photo(8).JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 855
Not trying to insult anyone, but honestly I wouldn't pay over 800 for that set-up. I am not knocking the boat by any means, but in this area 16' boats are a dime a dozen at the price you are asking. To me when I am looking at a boat the only things that matter are the boat, motor and trailer. Everything else doesn't figure into the price because more then likely I am going not use a lot of it anyway. Unless the boat comes with a brand new 1198 humminbird and the trolling motor is set up with I-pilot, then I consider it all as just window dressing and I don't pay for window dressing.
Chris

Thanks for the feed back finally sold it today for 1100 made all my money and then some back from purchasing my new boat

ntroilo1288 said:
Thanks for the feed back finally sold it today for 1100 made all my money and then some back from purchasing my new boat

Hey that's exactly what I said it was worth ..... what did I win????