Bow mount options?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitetailhntr

Reaction score
So I bought a 60lb thrust bow mount trolling motor. I'm in need of a mount now and was wondering will any mount work? Does it need to be motorguide brand? Any suggestions on which mount to purchase? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No expert on this, but I believe certain trolling motors take different mounts even if the same brand, doubt if Minn Kota and Motor Guide mounts would interchange either. You probably need to do a little research as to what mount fits which model!

Shaft size different between the two brands. I've seen a mix and match mount on older model but they used or made some kind of adapter. The new Minn Kota motors come from the factory in a cradle/carrier that attaches to the Minn Kota mount. The Gator Breakaway mount for Motorguide is a good mount.

I have a Motorguide Varimax 24V 75# and bowmount Gator Breakaway that I'm looking to get rid of. The controller board in the head was fried and needs to be replaced. Replacement head is about $130.

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
Shaft size different between the two brands. I've seen a mix and match mount on older model but they used or made some kind of adapter. The new Minn Kota motors come from the factory in a cradle/carrier that attaches to the Minn Kota mount. The Gator Breakaway mount for Motorguide is a good mount.

I have a Motorguide Varimax 24V 75# and bowmount Gator Breakaway that I'm looking to get rid of. The controller board in the head was fried and needs to be replaced. Replacement head is about $130.

Sell just the mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts