Bow mount TM question...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg

Reaction score
I've got a little problem. I live in the middle of nowhere and I'm two hours away from any decent boat shop or Bass Pro. I was wondering if anyone could measure the length, height and width of their motor mount (Gator mount?). If I can get an average to work with, I'd be happy. I'm trying to put a plan in place for my mods, before I start purchasing materials and accessories.

Also, on a 14' flat bottom jon (Lowe Delta Jon) what would be the ideal length for a TM shaft? I've seen some as short as 36"...do you think that would be long enough to keep the prop in the water with a little bit of chop or wake? Here's a side view of my blank slate...

It's a 93 model with a 93 Mercury 15, trailer, fish finder, new transom TM, battery, and tons of other junk...picked it all up for $800. I thought it was a pretty good deal. :lol: :mrgreen:

boatco6.jpg

Sorry,I can't help you with the TM question,mines 52"(Ithink)to long if anything.
Just like to say looks like you got a great deal on the boat,motor,trailer.

I am not an artist as you will see from the PDF attached but maybe the dimensions will help. I have a MotorGuide with a Gator mount. I bought the 36" shaft. I do not have it mounted yet due to still doing mods. I measured from where I will mount it to bottom of the boat and arrived at the shaft length. It looks like it will be plenty long BUT I will not know if I screwed up until I finish the mods, mount it and get it on the water.

Attachments

• Gator Mount.pdf
    80.6 KB · Views: 138
I'm not familiar with the gator mounts.I do know a 36 inch transom mount will work on the back.It should work on the front unless you'll be in a 1 foot chop.The more balanced your boat is, from front to back,the less likely the front of the boat is to pop out of the water in a chop.

I have a 14' with a 42" and it takes up to much room when stowed. Also, I can set it at its shallowest position and it sits a lot deeper in the water than what I would like it too. I would go with an 36".

Can't help you with the Gator Mount.

Attachments

• tm2.jpg
    tm2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 593

Latest posts