Braided Lines?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gizfawfish said:
Are you guys crazy power pro is the stuff. I have it on my pro qualifier reel and it is great. Have caught many fish on it and have lost none. and it casts so far I have mine in 30 pound and it is great.

Have your tried Sufix or Diawa Samurai braid?

I use PowerPro and Suffix Performance Braid, the only other brand that I have tried is Seaguar and it was horrible. I've had PowerPro snap on my from over loading a cast and backlashing, I just lost a spoon the other day doing that.

Well, here's the question. I have only ever used mono 10-12 lb. What would be a good starter braid. I have seen all of the above mentioned lines in KMart and WalMart to include the stren super braid.

gunny146 said:
Well, here's the question. I have only ever used mono 10-12 lb. What would be a good starter braid. I have seen all of the above mentioned lines in KMart and WalMart to include the stren super braid.

Power Pro or Suffix - if you are using 10-12lb mono get 12-15 lb PP

I just purchases Bass Pro's braided line and really like it so far

Captain Ahab said:

I like it too, Not a big difference between it and PP, IMO. One of my musky rods have it on it(needed some braid in a pinch), it works just as well as the PP.

I fish saltwater mostly and i uses power pro never had any issues with it a t all i have had it break for no apparent reason before but found that it was a chipped eye sharp edge was cutting it right off not very good with abrasion i guess.

Bubba said:
Captain Ahab said:

I like it too, Not a big difference between it and PP, IMO. One of my musky rods have it on it(needed some braid in a pinch), it works just as well as the PP.

I think it is completely different then PP - i purchased 20 lb and it certainly has not gotten as limp as PP does but it has stayed much rounder

Captain Ahab said:
Bubba said:
Captain Ahab said:

I think it is completely different then PP - i purchased 20 lb and it certainly has not gotten as limp as PP does but it has stayed much rounder

Well, I haven't had mine on very long, so i'm just comparing the lines in new condition....i'm sure theres a difference after awhile.

gunny146 said:
If your using a baitcaster your gonna want to get at least 30lb, even at 30 it can be a hassel with the line being so thin, I dont go under 50lb anymore and mostly stick with 65lb. For spinning gear 12 to 15lb would be fine.

Latest posts