Braidwood Lake, IL

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earl60446

Reaction score
Fished on 8/14/2014 10am to 3:30pm. Lots and lots of very small channel cats and 1 little bass. Lake is a power plant cooling lake, it is hot. In some areas it is 90 deg, did not encounter any water less than 83 deg. Would have been out there sooner but 48hp johnson would not turn over, verified solenoid and starter. Thought I would tear into remote control but could not get the 2 mounting screws loose. Decided to verify large round connector inside cowling, pulled apart looked ok. Doused it with wd40 silicone and put back together and she is turning over fine since. Lesson = low voltage requires good connections.
Tim

I've fished that lake, that plant must not run anymore, of course I haven't fished it in 15 years (moved to FL).. I always liked heidecke a little better, we used to rock the smallmouth in that lake with hot-n-tots

I gotta believe that plant is running if the water is 90 deg and that is nowhere near the discharge. In any case, I also like Heidecke but have not had much luck there this year, think I will try in early spring next year.
Tim

Latest posts