Bunk carpet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd just pass on the carpet all together. Get some UHMW and attach that to the boards. It doesn't hold water and provides a slicker surface. Another added benefit is that IF you'd happen to change out the boards and they were treated it wouldn't hold all those nasty chemicals in contact with the surface of your boat like carpet can. That's just my opinion.

I tried the PVC gutters and didn't really care for them. Had trouble getting them to stay put and they were marking up my hull.

I just went back to carpet. The boat is not any harder to load. Lowes and Home Depot have rolls of indoor/outdoor carpet that works fine.

Thanks for the quick response and suggestions gents. I did in fact replace the wood with fir and 3 coats of spar urethane. UHMW looks great but pricey. Can’t complain with “even cheaper”, I’ll have to look into that. How would you recommend attaching it to the wood? I’m thinking on the sides of the bunks with washers & screws or nails with the caps on them. Thanks again for the help

Mr. giggles...marking the hull? As in scuffing your paint or scuffing the bare aluminum?

Appreciate your help guys