Cali27's 1436 Tracker Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cali27 said:
ober51 said:
Nice build. I wouldnt bolt it on but def keep an eye on it. Mine isnt bolted on my mini jacker and its been fine.

I am not sure if it was mentioned, but maybe try and find some fenders as it cleans it up and protects the wheels and whatnot.

I might run some sea foam through the engine, or you might have to clean teh carb.

Ya i need fenders, the ones that came with trailer where to bent from getting used as a step.

What os the sea foam?

https://www.seafoamsales.com/

It's been used with some good success - smokes like crazy at first, but is a good treatment to run through every once in a while. Also, google it, there is plenty of info on this stuff - and a pretty detailed tutorial somewhere on how to use it most effectively (if I am remembering correctly).

ober51 said:
cali27 said:
ober51 said:
Nice build. I wouldnt bolt it on but def keep an eye on it. Mine isnt bolted on my mini jacker and its been fine.

I am not sure if it was mentioned, but maybe try and find some fenders as it cleans it up and protects the wheels and whatnot.

I might run some sea foam through the engine, or you might have to clean teh carb.

Ya i need fenders, the ones that came with trailer where to bent from getting used as a step.

What os the sea foam?

https://www.seafoamsales.com/

It's been used with some good success - smokes like crazy at first, but is a good treatment to run through every once in a while. Also, google it, there is plenty of info on this stuff - and a pretty detailed tutorial somewhere on how to use it most effectively (if I am remembering correctly).

thanks, I will give it a try if she is still bad after i run her out on the lake.

just my 2 cents....

The boat needs to come down on the trailer as in elevation....I learned this the fisrt time I put mine in....with it sky jacked you gotta back it way far down in the water...leaving you less room to stand while loading the trailer. make it as close to the frame of the trailer as you can.I'm actualy gonna redo mine this comming weekend just to make it lower so I can actually stand two footed while loading my boat.

JON

SnowmanJon said:
just my 2 cents....

The boat needs to come down on the trailer as in elevation....I learned this the fisrt time I put mine in....with it sky jacked you gotta back it way far down in the water...leaving you less room to stand while loading the trailer. make it as close to the frame of the trailer as you can.I'm actualy gonna redo mine this comming weekend just to make it lower so I can actually stand two footed while loading my boat.

JON

I was actually thinking it might be too high, I will try to launch it and see how it is. If I have to fix it, oh well its an excuse to hang out with the boat some more....lol

SnowmanJon said:
just my 2 cents....

JON

x2

I did the same thing with my 1432. I think its best to put the bunks in a horizontal orientation as opposed to vertical like that. Tends to put less wear and tear on the bottom of the boat with the larger surface area as well.

hey man i wana say very nice mod there ... i just picked up the same boat tracker 1436.. i wana put a deck on it just like yours. i want to use plywood guessing 3/4.. just want to know exactly what hardware you used to mount the deck to the boat what kind of screws to do this and how to do it .. sorry im really new to this i dont have pictures of boat yet.. also i saw the 2x4's from the deck ran to the bottom of the front seat but doesnt look like they where screwed in if you could please help me id greatly appreciate it!

i love what you have done to the boat simple and sweet design i think i will do the same thing to my vhull instead bravo! =D>

STCROIXbassman said:
i love what you have done to the boat simple and sweet design i think i will do the same thing to my vhull instead bravo! =D>

Hey thanks man, its been good to me. Cant wait to get rid of this snow up here and get her back in the water.

cali27 said:
STCROIXbassman said:

Hey thanks man, its been good to me. Cant wait to get rid of this snow up here and get her back in the water.

ditto!

Installing a front casting deck on my boat. I ripped out the small existing deck and started the frame for the new one.

One problem I'm going to have is that Home Depot no longer carries the carpet that I used for my bench seats and flooring so I will have 2 different collies of grey carpet.

a0d2852c.jpg

2c729af8.jpg

4db19cd3.jpg

Your new front deck looks stout. After fishing out of the boat for one season, you must not have a stablility problem and decided to go with the new high deck. I bet the 9.9 pushes your tin quite well. I do have a question for you, how do you like the fish finder mounted at the rear of the boat when you fish out of the front? I couldn't decide if I wanted it in the bow or stern, just settled on a RAM mount in the middle seat, considering moving it to either location though.

Ictalurus said:
Your new front deck looks stout. After fishing out of the boat for one season, you must not have a stablility problem and decided to go with the new high deck. I bet the 9.9 pushes your tin quite well. I do have a question for you, how do you like the fish finder mounted at the rear of the boat when you fish out of the front? I couldn't decide if I wanted it in the bow or stern, just settled on a RAM mount in the middle seat, considering moving it to either location though.

Ya after 1 season im really comfortable eaising the deck. Hopefully getting a 15hp soon. As fpr the fish finder im going to move it to the front of the boat for sure. I think i will use it more up there.

So this morning I swapped my 1998 Johnson 9.9 hp for a 1997 Johnson 15hp. It was just serviced and it needs a coat of paint but I am going to love the extra 5 hp. The gentleman was older and has a 12 ft aluminum and just wanted a smaller motor for him and his wife.

93d2106a.jpg

7df6f1b6.jpg

I had about an hour in garage today and got a couple little things done.

Got some new seats on sale at BPS.
6c0c5fc7.jpg

Ran some thermostat wire the length of my boat so I could move the fish finder to the front.
9e6923a7.jpg

Cut out a section of my floor and set my cooler livewell down in it.
f8216a4b.jpg

f28afe67.jpg

I'm off tomorrow so if the wife doesn't have my day planned hopefully I can get the front deck cut out.

Got a little more done this weekend. Just waiting for my hatch to come from Tempress. I hope the "cut out" dimensions on their website are right.....lol. I'm really happy with how it's turning out

a19c60b3.jpg

d84235b2.jpg

be1316ee.jpg

1256ecd1.jpg

9005b747.jpg