Cali27's 1436 Tracker Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awesome job and thanks for the ideas on a deck frame! i might do the same to my 1542 tracker.
curious if you used stainless toggle bolts for the frame...if so, where'd you get them?

Finished the deck.

404caff2.jpg

I totally recommend the Tempres hatches. Those things are sturdy.

Next project will be sanding and painting my motor.

Went to BPS today with the family and picked up a few goodies for the boat. I grabbed the "rod saver" straps, and a really nice adjustable pedestal seat. Taking her out Saturday and I really can't wait.

7f1c07d4.jpg

60034c7a.jpg

d584b757.jpg

Awesome job. I'm seriously considering a pedestal seat just like that for my boat. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back?

Where are you heading this weekend? Saturday looks like it is going to be nice. I'm thinking about Scugog for some Walleye and Crappie.

BaitCaster said:
Awesome job. I'm seriously considering a pedestal seat just like that for my boat. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back?

Where are you heading this weekend? Saturday looks like it is going to be nice. I'm thinking about Scugog for some Walleye and Crappie.

Thanks man. All together the seat, adjustable pedestal and mounts I spent just over $100.

Im taking the wife to Mountsberg for some hammer handle little pike action.

hey man love the boat have the exact same and beginning my own mod! what did you paint the bottom of your boat with? is it just a basic glossy pait or is that more of a protective coating deal? lookinf got something like that for mine since i do alot of river fishing down here in ga. have the same ideas as you for mine but making all my mods easily removeable for cleaning and repair.

HILLDADDY88 said:
hey man love the boat have the exact same and beginning my own mod! what did you paint the bottom of your boat with? is it just a basic glossy pait or is that more of a protective coating deal? lookinf got something like that for mine since i do alot of river fishing down here in ga. have the same ideas as you for mine but making all my mods easily removeable for cleaning and repair.

Hey man thanks. It's called Steelflex. Use the search function for the site, there is a really good thread called "everything steelflex".

Cali the boat looks fantastic!! Is that front hatch big enough? It looks as though you have a ton of staorage up front but do you have enough access with the 1 hatch? The pictures are probably deceiving.

hueydr said:
Cali the boat looks fantastic!! Is that front hatch big enough? It looks as though you have a ton of staorage up front but do you have enough access with the 1 hatch? The pictures are probably deceiving.

Thanks! Um ya I can access everything under the deck. The hatch measures 23in by 11in so it's easy to get my arm in there. Of course another hatch would be nice, maybe a little project for next winter.

Hey Cali whats the weight like in your boat? iv finished all my mods and the boat is pretty level im just nervous about putting a new 9hp merc on the rear with me the batt and a full tank of gas makes me kinda nervous been thinkin about droppin down to a 6hp instead

Very nice Mod and clean, simple and practical. I like it! I have a Lowe 1436 I am working on and I like your raised casting seat upfront but was curious if you have any center of gravity issues when fishing up there? Again vey nice work and inspiring too!

Very nice modifications you did there! As a 1436 owner I'm looking at good mod example like this to inspire me.

I'm just wondering, since the 1436 has a max load capacity of only 580 lbs, isn't too much adding all this in the boat??