Calling Johnny25, help with impeller.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MDCrappie said:
cfh1177 said:
Looks like the same exact design as my evinrude. I did the same thing last weekend. The little plastic piece was a pain in the butt to get off (it was my first time). I have to take it apart again tomorrow. The pisser wasn't working and there's no clog. I think the copper water pipe didn't connect right...i hope [-o<

Good luck to ya

Did you use the Sierra Kit? If so I would look at the rubber gasket.
I have the sierra kit, is there something I should know about the kit?

bigwave said:
MDCrappie said:
cfh1177 said:
Looks like the same exact design as my evinrude. I did the same thing last weekend. The little plastic piece was a pain in the butt to get off (it was my first time). I have to take it apart again tomorrow. The pisser wasn't working and there's no clog. I think the copper water pipe didn't connect right...i hope [-o<

Good luck to ya

Did you use the Sierra Kit? If so I would look at the rubber gasket.
I have the sierra kit, is there something I should know about the kit?

Yes - check the gasket that goes between the housing and the base plate (the rubber one that looks like a broken "o" ring. Make sure it is big enough to fill the entire grove in the housing.

Also - the plastic piece has a "slit" on it. Find this slit and put a knife blade into it and turn the knife to open the slit up. You can then push the plastic piece off the shift rod.

Ok I will look for the slit......I figured there was something to it....I was just about to break out the heat gun.....Thanks

bigwave said:
Ok I will look for the slit......I figured there was something to it....I was just about to break out the heat gun.....Thanks

No heat, or you will need a new one. Just shine a light on it and spin it slowly with your fingers and you should see the slit.

Sorry Wave I have been awal the last few days. Looks like some of the other guys have chipped in to help :) I will try and check more readily to see how your doing.

Horayyyy I finally got the retaining washer off the shift rod......as you can see the impeller is shot. I believe this is the original factory impeller since the shift rod had the original paint. Here are a few pics of the installation of the new water pump. I really want to thank everyone that helped me save money by doing it my self. You tube was very helpful too.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2 (4).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (4).jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 297
  • imagejpeg_2 (11).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (11).jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 297
  • imagejpeg_2 (6).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (6).jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 297
  • imagejpeg_2 (17).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (17).jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 297
  • imagejpeg_2 (8).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (8).jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 297
Do not forget to check this part....this part screws into the power head and is the hose barb for my discharge tube.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2 (22).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (22).jpg
    294 KB · Views: 287
Good job Bigwave =D> Finished up with my motor over the weekend as well. Nice to save a couple hundred doing it youself