CamoClad

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hickoryhuntin

Reaction score
I've Got A 16' SeaNymph I'm Pending On Applying Cabela's CamoClad. This Boat Takes A Rough Beatin Year Round Duck Hunting And Fishing In Creeks. Sadly Enough It's Constantly Beat On Rocks, Stumps, And All Other Water Structures. Would I Be Disappointed With Tears Or Other Flaws In This Product?

Welcome aboard - never used the product but owed a 19" Sea Nymph that we beat 6 ways silly - never let us down

I hope the camo stuff is as tough as your boat!

Welcome, Thanks for joining!

I went back and was reading all the positive reviews on the camclad product on Cabelas website, The people seem very happy with it. I am sure they are not using the boat like you. Still it made the boats like nice!

Jim

If GatorTom doesn't show up shortly to answer your question, shoot him a PM. I believe he installed it on his boat and probably could give you some first-hand experience.

Mark

It will chip and will tear under abuse.

It's really nothing more than glorified contact paper.

It looks good but it's not bulletproof by any stretch.

Look at any pickup you see with the stuff applied as an accent on the rocker panels (or all over) and you'll see what I mean.

The stuff that they put on trucks is classified as "removable" camoclad. The stuff you use on boats is permanent and hard to get off. I live on a lake full of stumps. The only thing that I would recommend is that you do not put it on the bottom of your boat at all. Just do the sides and back. I put mine on the sides, back, inside and the front bottom of my v hull. I wish I had not put it on the bottom at all. I've run up on stumps pretty hard and put some gouges in it. The sides have held up well. I had a few extra sheets and did one of my ATVs with it. I've pushed trails through some thick brush with it and it hasn't scratched up at all.

Latest posts