Can someone sketch me a electric diagram

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremyray25

Reaction score
Can someone sketch me an electric diagram for the following scenario? I have a 14' jon that I would like to run electric in.

I would like to run all of this on 1 deep cycle battery placed in front of boat. I have a 15hp tiller - manual start, so no need for battery there.

Trolling Motor - 30lb thrust (mounted on bow)
Bow and Stern lights - on a switch
Bilge Pump - on a switch
12V Cigarette outlet - on a switch

Thanks in advance. I have no experience with wiring and just trying to picture how everything is going to be ran.

To get a quality answer you need to give a few more details. You are saving a ton of money on the expensive wire by having the battery and trolling motor at the same end of the boat.

Where do you want the switches for the pump and the lights?
I assume the pump is in the rear of the boat but tell us.
Where do you want the 12V plug? And what do you want to plug into it?

Simple two wire runs to each device with the wire size matched to draw is the easy way to do this. A switch remote from the device adds a little more work but not much. You always switch and fuse the positive wire.

Each wire run should be fused or breaker protected close to the battery.

Additional details

Switches installed in back.
Pump installed in back.
12 v outlet in back. Use of outlet would be phone charger.

Let me know if you need additional details.

Thanks

Okay guys after several hours of research on here, I have came up with the drawing below. Ignore the livewell, I don't have one. Does this setup look like it would work? As far as the battery terminal connectors, I plan on using ones similiar to the first picture.

Attachments

• 5-24-2013 10-33-34 AM.jpg
    5-24-2013 10-33-34 AM.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 955
  • terminals.JPG
    terminals.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 955
what i did for mine was one large wire from pos terminal and one large wire from neg to the fuse panel/switch panel. then ran wires from the switch to the outlet, TM, lights, bilge pump.

I gave it a shot, not as good at the artistic stuff as you. Suggest you use breakers and a ground bar and breaker switch panel. Included a drawing, did not try to show how to run wires, just wanted to show how to make connections.
Tim

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 938

Latest posts