Cape May, NJ Cod Fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
We have a great day out there hauling in Cod, Ling, Tog, Pollack and Pout. Smooth as glass and not even that cold. (Well it was pretty cold but no wind so NICE!)

Fished some small humps and wrecks about 40-50 miles due east of Cape May

Ended up with a nice selection of fillets and a big smile!

cod2.jpg

AtombombJan2820110141.jpg

AtombombJan2820110141.jpg

AtombombJan2820110031.jpg

AtombombJan2820110171.jpg

AtombombJan2820110061.jpg

AtombombJan2820110051.jpg

AtombombJan2820110041.jpg

KMixson said:
Question about shot #7. How did you take that? Did you hang your camera on the outrigger pole?

Put on a life vest and jumped in to see the water temp - it was ccccccold!

No, that is the boat next to us - we were in a Center Console (see shot number #3) with outboards. That is a Sport Fisher (with inboard engine)

I always thought you guys were nuts for fishing in January each year :LOL2: Was this just a one day trip or an overnight trip?

bcritch said:
I always thought you guys were nuts for fishing in January each year :LOL2: Was this just a one day trip or an overnight trip?

Just a one day - the big trip is this Sat. off to Montauk NY to chase the giants

Captain Ahab said:
bcritch said:

Just a one day - the big trip is this Sat. off to Montauk NY to chase the giants

Nice. I hope you have a great time and good luck on catching some of those giants.

Latest posts