April Fishing in NJ

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robr3004

Reaction score
Well I've been crazy busy the past 6 weeks. The volunteer fire department I am on decided to do a remodeling project which has been taking up most of my free time. Managed to get 4 trips in last month:

4-9-11 Manasquan Reservoir, Howell, NJ
Water was in the low 40's and only managed 1 13" largemouth, another guy I passed by managed 1 21" smallie

4-16-11 Lake Riviera, Brick, NJ
Water was in the low 50's and a cold front was pushing through. Managed to get 3 hours of fishing before the rain started. Ended up getting 12 15" bass and a nice 19" one. All were caught on a slow rolled spinner bait.

4-22-11 Manasquan Reservoir, Howell, NJ
Water in the low 50's, but managed to get 4 largemouth bass in the shallows, holding tight to structure. Again I caught them on slow rolling a spinner bait

4-30-11 Manasquan Reservoir, Howell, NJ
Water jumped up to the low 60's in just 6 days. I got to the lake late so I only had 2 hours, but I managed to get 6 largemouth bass and again they were in the shallows, but this time they were away from the structure.

Unfortunately this season, I've only managed to catch the little guys, but it's better then nothing.

No I have never fished Bamber Lake? Have You?

I think the only lake down that way that I have fished is Holiday Lake in Ocean Acres, but that was with a car topper. There is no ramp, but that was about 10 years ago. Fishing was good in there.

Latest posts