Caught another big Largemouth!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
YOUTUBE
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pappyfromthekeys
Was out in my Gheenoe fishing for Stripers near a spring that feeds into Lake Harris, in Lake County Fla. and was about to hang it up for the evening. Sun was already down and the Stripers weren't biting. This thing hit a 1/4oz Rattletrap about ten feet from the boat and headed for the hills. Thought it was a nice sized striper until he jumped. There was a fellow on a dock watching that was nice enough to take a picture with my phone. This was the second big Bass for me this year.

photo-1.jpg

devilmutt said:
Great fish Pappy! What do you think the weight was?

I believe it was in the 10-12# range, probably closer to 10........I know he/she was heavy! Am 5'9" and 190# and was holding the fish pretty close to me when the pic was taken.

Dragonman said:
I can only dream of a fish like that. Nice job. What test line were you using?

Caught him on a 6'8" St. Croix medium weight/extra fast action with a Pflueger President Spinner and 8# Power Pro braid with an 8# flourocarbon leader. All I fish with are spinners, not talented enough for bait casters. The rod did all the work, I just stood there with a grin the whole time according to the guy on the dock!

linehand said:
What a pig! My folks live on Lake Harris in Yalaha. When I visit I can't catch a cold.....Awesome.

Well, as it so happens this fish was caught almost right in front of your parents house then. The spring is a little West of Yalaha and that big curve in the road........you know the one I am talking about! Next time you are down make a trip to the Springs for some Stripers.

Pappy said:
linehand said:
What a pig! My folks live on Lake Harris in Yalaha. When I visit I can't catch a cold.....Awesome.

Well, as it so happens this fish was caught almost right in front of your parents house then. The spring is a little West of Yalaha and that big curve in the road........you know the one I am talking about! Next time you are down make a trip to the Springs for some Stripers.

Yeah sounds like it. The subdivision they live in is called The Springs.
I just can't buy a good fish down there. ](*,)

Latest posts