• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cheap bow fishing set up

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Any body have a spare bow fishing set up they're looking to get rid of? Preferably something I can just throw on one of my old bows and be ready to go?

What are you looking for, a reel?

What type? I just bought an AMS retriever a couple of weeks ago.

I'll check back with my local place Tamarack Sports.... I know a couple of weeks ago he had a reel set up on sale for only $65.99 (can't remember the brand).

To be honest, 65 is a little more than I'm looking to spend right now. I'm just hoping to come across something used that someone has sitting in the garage.

I kind of felt the same way.... I didn't want to spend the dough, but also didn't want the cheap disk style either. Although the cheapest new set up I have seen at tamarack was about $100 until that sale.

You can get the AMS retrievers on ebay with free shipping for $62. That's the cheapest I've seen those.

Otherwise, your looking at a big spincast reel and a stabilizer reel seat.. which will be near $60 when it's all said and done.

The hoop/disk style are the cheapest and work fine. It just takes longer to retrieve you line/arrow.

I have a buddy that's been using a Maxwell House coffee can all year long.

Latest posts