Cheapest/best way to paint my jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TightyDub

Reaction score
i have a 1982 sears 1232 jon boat, just replaced the transom wood, and the entire boat is sanded down free of paint and all that good stuff.

im looking for advice i was quoted about 125.82 for

-1 gal of zinc chromate primer
-1 gal of sunnyside kylene
-1 gal of desert tan automotive paint
-acrylic-clean wax and grease remover
-valley valcryl hardener

i dont even know what some of these are used for whether i can spray it or roll it, well that hold up as far as beaching my jon when im camping, so what is the cheapest but most effectient way, i see a lot on steel flex even though that is exspensive will it hold up and keep my entire boat a solid color, any advice would work well.

I forget what I paid (I'm cheap) but I used Interlux underwater primer for the outside of the hull and regular Rustoleum primer for the inside of the hull. I then painted the outside of the hull with Interlux top side paint (my tin is stored out of the water) and regular Rustoleum paint for the inside. Interlux paints are quite spendy.

I have a 12" boat I'm going to paint. Bought a quart of Petti's EZ Poxy gloss white for the majority of the outside and a quart of Ice Blue for outside of transom and seam up of outside (~10"). 34.97 Quart; In side will be RustOleum smoke grey @ 9.97 quart; have 2 quarts of RustOleum oil based white primer, but probably bring one back and send for the Petti's Undercoat primer for the outside. Planning to Roll and Tip.

I Just did my tin boat with roller.Looks like it was sprayed..Turned out nice and was SIMPLE..Look into this Only 1 color choice .. https://www.bottompaintstore.com/duralux-aluminum-boat-paint-green-gallon-p-10802.html?gclid=CKyYnoGJjrcCFYPd4AodVWsAKQ cva34

Latest posts