choosing a trolling motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longshot

Reaction score
I recently purchased a G3 1544 riveted jon and I'm looking to put a bow mount trolling motor on it. It has a 15hp tohatsu tiller steer so I would like something I could control from the back seat. My question is which one do you guys reccomend and what thrust and shaft length? Thanks in advance

i also have a G3 but 12' and i have a 38lb thrust from walmart for 150 whereas most other places theyre 200. theres a 50 lb for $220 or a 55 for $250. id go with the 55 personally for an extra 30 bucks you might as well

You say you want a bow mount TM to be controlled from the seat, so you would need a remote operated TM, look at the MK Powerdrive or the Terrova, both are pricey but with AutoPilot, sweet TM's. 55#'rs would do nice on that boat.

For a jon, the 45" shaft would be fine. I assume you won't be fishing in 3-4 footers on a regular basis

I ended up getting the MK PD 45 pound with 48 inch shaft. I didnt order the remote because the foot pedal will reach the rear and I can always order the remote later if needed.

Latest posts