Classic trailer help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOY BOAT

Reaction score
With the purchase of my 1959 Lonestar Newport came a matching Lonestar trailer. Problem is when we went to register it, we needed a police officer to sign off on a paper since it has no vin. Along with that, the great state of New Hampshire wants the GVWR, and original purchase price of the trailer. We can't find any info what so ever. I looked up, and found out it is a Lonestar trailer by the decription given in the 1959 brochure, but beyond that, we are lost.

I did find some info, and it seems to be called a road queen. But I can not read the specs, and there is no price when new. Or was it included in the boat list price? Which I found to be $839.
https://bigfinboats.com/forums/index.php?/topic/271-lone-star-boats-and-trailers-1959/

Pics of said trailer
newcarandboat014.jpg

newcarandboat013.jpg

My trailer had an original sticker that was not legible due to age, so my California DMV looked up the plate which was not in the system anymore. The DMV just issued me a new vin number on a metallic sticker, stuck it on the trailer and off I went!

Have you tried the custom made route?

nomowork said:
My trailer had an original sticker that was not legible due to age, so my California DMV looked up the plate which was not in the system anymore. The DMV just issued me a new vin number on a metallic sticker, stuck it on the trailer and off I went!

Have you tried the custom made route?

+1 on the idea of declaring the custom made route. I know that you probably want to keep the documents legit b/c of the matching boat/trailer combo...but without proper documents thus far, I don't think that's going to be possible.

All I can comment on is what I know of MVD in my state (AZ). If you declare a home-built, they're going to want to know what it cost to make it (to determine replacement value), thus you can declare your purchase price. They may want to know load rating, which can best be determined by the tires that are on it and/or if there are any discerning markings on the axle that can clue you into that data.

I will say that's a nice looking boat/trailer combo....I really like the "dog dish" hubcaps on the trailer....very retro, very cool.

Latest posts