Cleaning boat cover

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put the cover on and throw a heavy duty silver tarp over that. Let the tarp take the sun and the cover lasts much longer, in my mind anyway. It has worked on my hot tub cover that suffers the same fate from the sun. Going to build a pvc frame for the boat, cover and tarp.
I had changed our entire garden to a drip system so I had a lot of 3/4” pvc laying around. That’s what this is made of. Every few feet is a T with a piece of pipe going to the floor into another T then a piece on each side for legs. I pool noodled and duck taped the T’s on top to protect the cover. I roll the cover to the front deck. Fold it once and sit it in the shop then I can reach in and sit the frame to the side. Takes about 10 minutes from the time I undo the first buckle.

Make it twice as big so half will enclose the boat...kill two birds with one stone !! A lean to can be built in one day, less if you have help.
We have a spot picked out according to how the sun travels. The lean to is in the back where the sun sets. The door will not be facing north. She will have her own water supply right there and a built in drain with a concrete floor.
The location is impossible for me to get the boat to.
Besides I don’t want my boat nowhere near it. If I crowded that greenhouse with the boat I’d walk out there a find a water hose running inside the boat and yes she’d have the plug in it.
She bought the boat for me. Now she hates it with a passion. My fixer upper turned into a rebuild that I’ve been obsessed with and spent every moment working on it . And at night on my iPad researching here on the site. Or I was drawing on a legal pad or looking and ordering parts.
It’s still not close to finished but I can fish out of it between things now and I slowed down on it some and caught up on things I was ignoring.
She like to go with me and spend time in it but I have to be real careful about spending more money and time on it. I space things out and choose my battles. Lol

Bet that greenhouse will cost a lot more than your boat even with upgrades and a lean to !! Your battle....
Oh heck yeah! And I just finished ordering what she wants for Christmas and I could have not only bought the parts to fix my trolling motor. I could have bought a new Minn Kota nicer than the one I have. It wouldn’t take much more to add spot lock or remote since all I need is a 12v.
Or better yet I could get a new trolling motor and new Garmin plus 4 for the casting deck instead of having one mounted in the middle of the boat on the gunnel and having to rotate it when I go from the tiller steer outboard to the front deck. Great device only has a 5” screen though and I can’t reach it as fast as I need to sometimes to mark an area I’m going over where I see brush or other structure making it easy to turn around and go straight back to it.
You got me fired up now. She’s been complaining about the clutter in my shop because she can’t put anything in there. And wants me to move all my gear out of the house into the shop. My rods and reals collect dust inside if I don’t use one for a while. I’m working on getting them all covers I’m about half way there.
I told her straight up if my fishing gear has to reside in the shop I will build a little room in there just for them. It’ll be sealed and possibly climate controlled.
I’m planning on reorganization and cleaning the shop but it’s for the purpose of keeping the boat in it and I can take it out when I’m working on a vehicle so I can finally stop laying in the gravel and by on level concrete.
I don’t think she’s going to have any space out there.

What’s hard is she never ask for a thing. Except space giving me projects. Only buys clothes from clearance or resale shops which see is good at. She has some nice stuff.
This is like the second Christmas she has ever ask for anything specific. And it’s something she will use to do things for other people.
And our house is small. I mentioned building a rod rack on the ceiling of the guest bedroom and got that look when her right eye starts twitching.
I’m thinking of getting a little metal building by her greenhouse to put stuff in. Then she will see why I don’t want my Abu Garcia’s and All Star rods in something like that.
She don’t understand because when she was growing up her dad and brothers kept there stuff in the garage.
I told her I’ve had the Garcias for years and they all where made in Sweden is why. They’re value is the same now as what I paid for them new.
Now they’re pricey unless you want a made in China one which I has and it’s not even near the same class product as my older ones. It’s cheaply made junk. I bought a KastKing budget real on sale that is a way better real and bigger. Even came with a cover , I’m just saying.
Speaking of projects I better go and get busy cleaning up my mess in front of the shop from a brake job and service. Then have to put away my detailing stuff that’s been drying in the kitchen. Basically make it look like I don’t live here for company coming tomorrow.
Sorry for the rant but I feel a little better now.
The greenhouse might get close to the boat cost. I use only marine grade stuff. All the new wiring is Ancor Marine tin coated copper and their heat shrink connectors are pricey. Depending on the size there may only be three in a package that cost 12 bucks then the fuse panel and switch panel then all led lights. Third battery. Ordered big 1/2” custom rod holders to hold the new big catfish set ups I bought. Not to mention everything else I did to the boat rebuilding it and it’s still not complete. It’s when I did the wiring she got to looking at what I was spending and as they say you know what it sounds like when sh*$ hits the fan….. MARRIINNE.
Luckily I was at a point where I can use the boat and wait awhile before building the new deck and adding storage. Then I’ll have an all new boat on the inside that looks like a beater boat. It’s going to have to be flipped over the bottom stripped any I’m putting the toughest slickest Coating I can find then paint above the water line and inside gunnels. Floor system is in which is how this all started.
Not to mention what it took for me to completely rebuild all three carburetors on a 1992 Yamaha. It was hard finding parts. Then I paid $85 for a kit for new gaskets etc. Now two years later the same kit cost $258.
I had to replace all the jet’s everything except the bodies which I couldn’t find. The boat had been sitting in a field for over a year with old fuel in it.
I didn’t pay much for it since it was a fixer upper. I just wasn’t expecting to find the corrosion etc like I did when I removed the old floor.
Man I got to get busy and show a little progress on something besides boat , diy planer boards or refinishing to center caps for my trucks wheels.
Lol

Oh heck yeah! And I just finished ordering what she wants for Christmas and I could have not only bought the parts to fix my trolling motor. I could have bought a new Minn Kota nicer than the one I have. It wouldn’t take much more to add spot lock or remote since all I need is a 12v.
Or better yet I could get a new trolling motor and new Garmin plus 4 for the casting deck instead of having one mounted in the middle of the boat on the gunnel and having to rotate it when I go from the tiller steer outboard to the front deck. Great device only has a 5” screen though and I can’t reach it as fast as I need to sometimes to mark an area I’m going over where I see brush or other structure making it easy to turn around and go straight back to it.
You got me fired up now. She’s been complaining about the clutter in my shop because she can’t put anything in there. And wants me to move all my gear out of the house into the shop. My rods and reals collect dust inside if I don’t use one for a while. I’m working on getting them all covers I’m about half way there.
I told her straight up if my fishing gear has to reside in the shop I will build a little room in there just for them. It’ll be sealed and possibly climate controlled.
I’m planning on reorganization and cleaning the shop but it’s for the purpose of keeping the boat in it and I can take it out when I’m working on a vehicle so I can finally stop laying in the gravel and by on level concrete.
I don’t think she’s going to have any space out there.

What’s hard is she never ask for a thing. Except space giving me projects. Only buys clothes from clearance or resale shops which see is good at. She has some nice stuff.
This is like the second Christmas she has ever ask for anything specific. And it’s something she will use to do things for other people.
And our house is small. I mentioned building a rod rack on the ceiling of the guest bedroom and got that look when her right eye starts twitching.
I’m thinking of getting a little metal building by her greenhouse to put stuff in. Then she will see why I don’t want my Abu Garcia’s and All Star rods in something like that.
She don’t understand because when she was growing up her dad and brothers kept there stuff in the garage.
I told her I’ve had the Garcias for years and they all where made in Sweden is why. They’re value is the same now as what I paid for them new.
Now they’re pricey unless you want a made in China one which I has and it’s not even near the same class product as my older ones. It’s cheaply made junk. I bought a KastKing budget real on sale that is a way better real and bigger. Even came with a cover , I’m just saying.
Speaking of projects I better go and get busy cleaning up my mess in front of the shop from a brake job and service. Then have to put away my detailing stuff that’s been drying in the kitchen. Basically make it look like I don’t live here for company coming tomorrow.
Sorry for the rant but I feel a little better now.
The greenhouse might get close to the boat cost. I use only marine grade stuff. All the new wiring is Ancor Marine tin coated copper and their heat shrink connectors are pricey. Depending on the size there may only be three in a package that cost 12 bucks then the fuse panel and switch panel then all led lights. Third battery. Ordered big 1/2” custom rod holders to hold the new big catfish set ups I bought. Not to mention everything else I did to the boat rebuilding it and it’s still not complete. It’s when I did the wiring she got to looking at what I was spending and as they say you know what it sounds like when sh*$ hits the fan….. MARRIINNE.
Luckily I was at a point where I can use the boat and wait awhile before building the new deck and adding storage. Then I’ll have an all new boat on the inside that looks like a beater boat. It’s going to have to be flipped over the bottom stripped any I’m putting the toughest slickest Coating I can find then paint above the water line and inside gunnels. Floor system is in which is how this all started.
Not to mention what it took for me to completely rebuild all three carburetors on a 1992 Yamaha. It was hard finding parts. Then I paid $85 for a kit for new gaskets etc. Now two years later the same kit cost $258.
I had to replace all the jet’s everything except the bodies which I couldn’t find. The boat had been sitting in a field for over a year with old fuel in it.
I didn’t pay much for it since it was a fixer upper. I just wasn’t expecting to find the corrosion etc like I did when I removed the old floor.
Man I got to get busy and show a little progress on something besides boat , diy planer boards or refinishing to center caps for my trucks wheels.
Lol
I hear ya, had to go thru similiar things when my family was young. I ended up with a second job so I had my own spending money. Started teaching at local community college, money was pretty good and I enjoyed it. Of course much if that money went for family expenses when you have three kids, but it did give me money for my myself.

I hear ya, had to go thru similiar things when my family was young. I ended up with a second job so I had my own spending money. Started teaching at local community college, money was pretty good and I enjoyed it. Of course much if that money went for family expenses when you have three kids, but it did give me money for my myself.
Yes sir. I didn’t get to play much while raising my two girls but I wouldn’t trade that time for anything.

Well I’m going out to get a little nasty with that cover. I’m done talking to it.
I’ll have an upholstery brush attached to a drill and going to try Woolite etc.
If I don’t see what I want then I’ll bust out the simple green pro hd I use to clean parts with.
303 fabric guard wouldn’t be here until Friday after the rain starts but I have Star Brite and Better Boat I found Out there in the shop.

Latest posts