Coil Spring Suspension trailer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrewCabMax

Reaction score
I just picked up a new(to me) boat and it has one of the trailers with the coil spring type suspension. I was wondering if these are good trailers?? Pulling it home, i really didnt care for it much. I've only ever had leaf spring susp. trailers before, and these ones seem to move A LOT more than a my old trailer. I dont really care for it right now, but wondered if there are advantages to having this setup over a leaf spring type setup. Thanks.

You know, now that you mention it... I've never even seen a coil spring boat trailer.

I would assume that there is probably a pretty good reason for that but I don't know. :shock:

was the trailer loaded when you pulled it home?

what dont you like about it? too much bouncing? if so i bet installing some shocks will solve your problem

Does it look anything like the trailer in my signature? It's my understanding that leaf springs distribute the weight better and don't bounce around as much - but if it's like mine it is extremely well built and strong.

Mike

Cost is a major factor in selling a trailer. Coil suspension is very expensive to build and does not offer any real advantage over leaf springs or torsion axle for small trailers.

frank