console in tiller drive.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtypearl

Reaction score
I have a tiller drive 14ft flat bottom boat. I love the tiller drive and don't want to change that but was looking for a place to mount switches and a 12v plug in. I also wanted a place to mount a fendermount radio, fish finder and grab bar. There is a lot of great modification ideas on this site and was wondering if anyone has mounted a side console in there tiller drive boat? its got to be aluminum cause I hate wood in MY boat. pictures would be awesome or a link to some. I'm running a 30 hp evinrude so thinking about adding some floatation toons or pods to the back. any ideas, pictures or links in this department would also help a lot. thanks.

Hey that sounds like some good projects for sure. I'm interested in what you find.

I'm pretty new to the site and haven't got much help with my rebuild. The standard answer I read around here is search for it or look it up. Well good luck I hope someone chimes in with great advice and quality pics.

Check out beavertail for the pods/sponsons (www.explorebeavertail.com).

Check out www.akmccallumco.com for consoles.

Good luck with the projects and take lots of pictures.

Also check out "Bass n Flats" build thread. He did something similar to what you are trying to do. Thread title "official build thread 1752 Lowe". It is a really nice build with lots of pictures to give you some ideas.

I also have a tiller and needed some place for my switches, guages, etc. I made a pattern and had one fabricated. I'll shoot a couple of pics tomorrow and post them up.....

I bought a boat last year that has a console in it. Was thinking about taking it out to make more room, I added a tiller to the motor myself. After reading this I may just leave it in for the Switch Panel, Key Switch, DF/FF and whatever else I may need to mount...

hey thanks for the reply's guys. iv been swamped at work so haven't really had time to do anything to the boat yet but hopefully may will look better. a buddy of mine just called and said he has some new led flood lights for the front of the boat. going to look at them this weekend. ill keep you posted.

Latest posts