Country Dave’s Lowe 1752 modification/restoration project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next time turn the camera towards the beautiful lady on the the front......her muscles are much more pleasing on the eyes......... :mrgreen: Take some video of the WOT with the new prop setup. I wanna hear how she purrs hauling the mail.

Good Job Dave! Is that normally brackish water there or stained from all the rain water runoff? We had a week over here after all that rain a few weeks ago where I couldnt find clean water in the flats even a few miles out and 10 miles north or south of my fishing grounds you couldnt see the bottom at 2ft deep. Thank fully its gone now...

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=331496#p331496 said:
bigwave » 07 Oct 2013, 14:43[/url]"]Next time turn the camera towards the beautiful lady on the the front......her muscles are much more pleasing on the eyes......... :mrgreen: Take some video of the WOT with the new prop setup. I wanna hear how she purrs hauling the mail.

yeah i wanted to see the "weight" up front too..

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=331499#p331499 said:
hudflat » 7 minutes ago[/url]"]Good Job Dave! Is that normally brackish water there or stained from all the rain water runoff? We had a week over here after all that rain a few weeks ago where I couldnt find clean water in the flats even a few miles out and 10 miles north or south of my fishing grounds you couldnt see the bottom at 2ft deep. Thank fully its gone now...

Same here and it's been MONTHS since we've seen the bottom on the flats even in 3' of water!

Big you are so right brother, she is so much better to look at than I am. :LOL2:

Thanks Paul, the fish are waiting. :mrgreen: Hud the water is usually not that dark, we’ve had a lot of runoff as well. I don’t fish there a lot, its pretty fresh. I take my grandsons Bass fishing there sometimes. There’s some good largeys in there and some snook and tarpon as well. O yeh the temp gauge I made and water pressure gauge worked great........... :mrgreen:

I changed the prop last night and got the trolling motor positioned were I want it, I will mount it down tonight and will try and make a few more runs soon......... :mrgreen:

i got the 55lb Minn-kota copilot and as you metioned moves the boat really well. 8) love the the remote portion of it i have it zip- tied to my fishing rod works great!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=331619#p331619 said:
hudflat » Today, 15:01[/url]"]i got the 55lb Minn-kota copilot and as you metioned moves the boat really well. 8) love the the remote portion of it i have it zip- tied to my fishing rod works great!

Hey man that's really cool, glad it worked out for you. If and when I upgrade the T motor I'm probably going to get the copilot. Hey Christmas is coming up soon, maybe someone will by it for me. Hint hint. :LOL2:

yeah little windy over here also Dave, it will calm down this later this week and be perfect cause im off friday and all weekend .... and yes im fishing everyday!

hey man. love your rig. You have given me a ton of ideas. I have the same exact boat except tunnel version. Where did you source that CC if you don't mind me asking? O and post more pics and videos!!!! Thanks man..

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=331805#p331805 said:
-coaltrain- » Yesterday, 20:38[/url]"]hey man. love your rig. You have given me a ton of ideas. I have the same exact boat except tunnel version. Where did you source that CC if you don't mind me asking? O and post more pics and videos!!!! Thanks man..

Hey thanks Coaltrain,

I wish I had the tunnel. The console was a blank I bought pretty cheep at a local marine flea market some time back. I was going to use it on a different project but I sold that hull and keep the motor and console. You can by the blanks online put there pretty pricy if you ask me. I think I cave the guy a $100.00 bucks for it. It was never rigged, not a hole in it or a scratch on it.

Post some pics of your skiff. Do you plan many mods to it?

this is the only one that it will let me upload. poor quality

Attachments

• 20131003_130456 (2).jpg
    20131003_130456 (2).jpg
    769.4 KB · Views: 640
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=331944#p331944 said:
-coaltrain- » 7 minutes ago[/url]"]this is the only one that it will let me upload. poor quality

Hey brother that thing is pretty cool, =D>

Where are you all at? Looks like Louisiana.

Ok well I was able to make a couple runs yesterday,

With the 3 blade SS 13x19 I did pick up a couple of MPH. I saw just over 50 MPH on one run and I'll tell ya, its as fast as I care to go in that skiff. LMAO The overall performance was better with the 4 blade SS 13x17 and 46 MPH is fast enough so I ill go back to that prop.

Here is a video of one of the passes. I'm by myself so no body to hold the camera but me, so sorry for all the moving around but I had to hold the cam in my throttle hand and the other hand on the helm. When I felt comfortable enough to take it off the throttle I got a little usable video. I am very happy with the speed, handling and overall performance of this set up. She flat out boogies and handles like its on rails.............................................. :mrgreen:

A little squirrely at 50+ [-X

https://youtu.be/4n9GhYUO_wg

Awesome Dave! Glad you did more testing etc. and I'm with you on the speed thing. At 54 mph, my beast was pretty solid and there was a little more throttle left but that was good nuff fer me :roll: The overall performance and handling is what's important and running in the mid 40's is plenty fast for me and when there's a mild chop, it can get interesting lol. Congrats =D>

Hey thanks guys,

Yeh I am pretty happy all things considered. Going to start the few little things I've got to do to get her 100% completed. A few panels to finish up then I can paint/rhino line the floor. Polling platform then she go's for "Seadek"