Country Dave’s Lowe 1752 modification/restoration project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336386#p336386 said:
bigwave » Today, 10:33[/url]"]I like them better up front.....gives you a spot to put a second rod with other lure setup or live bait chunker. It will also keep anyone sitting on the cooler from hitting their back on the rod holders or snagging clothes on exposed hooks. Did you get some NFL approved helmets for your ride yet?........ :lol:

Big that's it brother,

That's exactly why I decided to put them up front. So when landing a fish I can just drop the rod in ether one of those holders and have another rod on stand by with a deferent set up if the situation calls for it. I feel really safe, she rides really good and I'm not going to be running WOT all the time.

I will probably run her right around the low 40MPH there is a sweet spot right around there.

I was able to mount the two rod holders on the bulkhead and install trolling motor battery switch tonight.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 595
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 595
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336504#p336504 said:
Gators5220 » Yesterday, 22:13[/url]"]When you gonna finish that sled up so you can start yankin em outa the water?

LOL I'm going to take my two oldest grandsons gigging and largemouth fishing right after the holidays. She is fishable now, just wrapping up a few little things then she goes out to get the "Snow Camo" SeaDek.

Attachments

• SeaDek-Example_zpsc632b3b7.jpg
    SeaDek-Example_zpsc632b3b7.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 564
Nice man, I love fly fishing with my 4 or 3 wt for large or use 4lb test for large mouth bass. I don't eat them so I try to make them as fun as possible, not that they aren't good I just don't like them as much as snook, snapper, or grouper.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336544#p336544 said:
Gators5220 » Yesterday, 18:20[/url]"]Nice man, I love fly fishing with my 4 or 3 wt for large or use 4lb test for large mouth bass. I don't eat them so I try to make them as fun as possible, not that they aren't good I just don't like them as much as snook, snapper, or grouper.

Very cool Gator,

Only freshwater fish I've ever caught on the long wand is grass carp. I've never targeted bass with a fly rod. I finished up the trolling motor wiring today. Switch is mounted, 50 amp DC breaker mounted and all the wiring for that is done.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 529
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 529
My dad taught me to fly fish before I threw a spinning rod, not to say I'm any good, but I can manage. Bass like little poppers with legs, so spider poppers, etc, my best luck has come on black patterns, like a black spider or water bug, they seem to really like those.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336586#p336586 said:
Gators5220 » Today, 18:11[/url]"]My dad taught me to fly fish before I threw a spinning rod, not to say I'm any good, but I can manage. Bass like little poppers with legs, so spider poppers, etc, my best luck has come on black patterns, like a black spider or water bug, they seem to really like those.

Brother I absolutely love top water, I would rather catch one on top than three on blind strikes. I use the little poppers and lots of frogs. Nothing like a big fat bucket mouth coming up and slamming a top water. Its almost as good as sex....................... :mrgreen:

No extra charge for designs or CNC work. They only charge by the material used. Are you doing 1 ply or 2?

I have the Army Camo on Black done with the teak styling. I like it better than the traction dots.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336715#p336715 said:
RiverBottomOutdoors » Today, 15:13[/url]"]No extra charge for designs or CNC work. They only charge by the material used. Are you doing 1 ply or 2?

I have the Army Camo on Black done with the teak styling. I like it better than the traction dots.

RBO I'm just going with the single ply I believe its 5mm thick. I love the "Snow camo" looks really good with the beveled edge. I cant wait to see it on the boat. I thought about "Aqua camo" but I thought it would be to much blue. Besides gray and light brown in the "Snow camo" will hide the fish blood better.................................. :mrgreen:

"Snow camo" will hide the fish blood better.................................. :mrgreen: [/i][/quote]

:roll: like you'd know what that is..

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336780#p336780 said:
hudflat » Today, 17:02[/url]"]"Snow camo" will hide the fish blood better.................................. :mrgreen: [/i]

:roll: like you'd know what that is..[/quote]

Hud you're to funny bro. I guess I'm going to have make a trip over there and out fish you in you're own back yard......................................................... :mrgreen:

On the note of fly fishing, I learned it about 6 years ago, started out with a cheap setup from Wal-Mart (I think it was a berkley rod) I figured it was a cheap enough setup, it wouldn't be a major loss of money if I ended up not liking it. Now, I will say I probably bastardize the sport, because instead of using flies, I tend to use a circle hook with live bait. Many hard-core fly fishermen would berate me for that, but it works for me, and it's guaranteed to catch fish.

Anyhow, as with any method of fishing in salt water using live shrimp, you're guaranteed to catch pinfish, which usually sucks, but on a fly rod, they are great practice for learning how to feel a bite and set the hook. Once I caught a couple of spot tail bass on the fly rod, I went to Bass Pro shops and bought a better fly rod setup. Very first trip out with that rod, not only did I catch a couple of spot tails, but I also caught a 4 pound trout!

Well, then I started playing around with it at the jetties, putting fiddler crabs on the hook, catching sheepshead, black drum, and even a few tautog.

And then I went one better, to up the challenge a little more. I started playing around with a 20 ft bream buster pole, but instead of rigging with mono, I use about 15 ft of old fly line, with about 3 ft of 20# leader, then a 14# tippet. I like using the fly line, because it won't tangle like mono. Also, it's great casting practice for the fly rod, as the same type of motions are used. And, since the fly line floats on the surface, it works great as a strike indicator, which is what you need for sheepshead, since they have a delicate bite. Biggest fish I caught on that rod was a 7 pound sheepshead, and that was a workout!! I've also caught a lot of spot tail bass with it as well.

Hey very cool PSG-1

I use the long wand a little bit on the flats and even less in fresh water. I catch some big azz crass carp on a berry fly that I made. We have these trees in Florida I don't even know what they are called but when there on or near the bank, they drop these little berries in the water and the crass carp eat um up.

When its a windy day and lots of the little berries are dropping in the water the carp daisy change in front of the tress just like you see tarpon do sometimes its the damnedest thing........... :LOL2:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336820#p336820 said:
bigwave » Today, 09:23[/url]"]Showdown on the west coast, I am in in my little tin......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets set up a little tournament brother................................. :mrgreen:

I would love to do that Dave.....I still like the idea of 10000 islands....that little fish camp would be perfect for everyone and the off season rates are reasonable.