Country Dave’s Lowe 1752 modification/restoration project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, where are you buying the SeaDeck from ? I'm going to have a custom pad made up with the boat name and attach it to the console.

Thanks

Attachments

• seadekpad.jpg
    seadekpad.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 786
Well I’ve said it before and I’m sure you ‘all will agree, it never seems like you get as much done as you hope for,

Cutting my finger really slowed me down; it was like working with one hand. Every time I banged it against something it sent me through the roof. I got kind of a late start on Sunday and I took a bit of a break in the afternoon to watch a couple of fishing shows. I had to get my fix. :LOL2: Girlfriend stopped by last night to take me to dinner and then we watched the Country Music Awards. So I didn’t really work bell to bell but all things consider I’m happy with the progress.
He’s a few pics.

Attachments

• 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 779
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 779
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 779
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    916.2 KB · Views: 779
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 777
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 776
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    955.7 KB · Views: 776
Clean as a whistle. When you get this thing done im going to come visit you for sure! LOL.

Nice, really really NICE work! Dunno if you've given it any thought yet but betting you have, what are you going to do for rod holders ? I've planned out my gunnell mount holders but need a couple of them for trolling rods when we troll for grouper on the flats. Grouper on the flats up here in 20' of water is off the chain and they be some good eatin lol.

Hey thanks for the vote of confidence guys, much appreciated. :mrgreen:

BB I just saw your other post and I’m not sure who I’m going to get the Seadek from but I am sure I want it custom fitted. I heard Bob from Shallow Water Customs is getting a C&C machine to custom cut Seadek. I know him and he kind of owes me a favor so hopefully he will have it when I’m ready. Check out is shop. https://www.shallowwatercustoms.com

As far as rod holders, I’m probably not going to have any except the ones on the sides of my console. I don’t do a lot of trolling but when I do troll for shallow water grouper I have one person holding a rod on the starboard side and I hold one in my left hand out the port side while I’m driving. It’s the best, you get a 25 inch plush Gag and it just about ribs the rod out of your hands. :LOL2:

Thanks DOBSONFLY,

Kevin we need to be fishing the pre front conditions. The day before the front’s the fish get there feed on. When the front roles through forget about it they get lock jaw.

Yea I hear ya on the pre front fishing......the fishing is really starting to get going here....cobia,tarpon on the beach now, the flats are good a day before the front and a few days after if it warms right back up. I am almost ready to start the night time thing......no one on my spots at 2am.....if its not too windy I hope to post a pic of my boat on the water this weekend. Our largest kingfish tournament is the following weekend, I will be fishing that with a buddy. I don't usually fish for King Mackeral, but for 20 grand I will. The captains party is a blast too. If anyone is in the area on this weekend I would advise going to the weigh in. There should be over 250 boats in the tournament.

bigwave said:
Yea I hear ya on the pre front fishing......the fishing is really starting to get going here....cobia,tarpon on the beach now, the flats are good a day before the front and a few days after if it warms right back up. I am almost ready to start the night time thing......no one on my spots at 2am.....if its not too windy I hope to post a pic of my boat on the water this weekend. Our largest kingfish tournament is the following weekend, I will be fishing that with a buddy. I don't usually fish for King Mackeral, but for 20 grand I will. The captains party is a blast too. If anyone is in the area on this weekend I would advise going to the weigh in. There should be over 250 boats in the tournament.

Hey man that’s awesome bro, catch um up. I don’t do a lot of offshore much anymore,” pretty much addicted to the flats” but we’ve got some smoker kings over here on the east coast for sure. Where and when is the weigh in, maybe I’ll stop by.

The weigh in will be Saturday April 27th Maderia Beach, FL.....the Captains party is Thursday 25th. You can find the info on www.OldSaltFishing.org.......I also fish the old salt loop tournament for marlin, that one is my favorite and I take vacation to do it. The Kingfish tournament is really fun and kid friendly.....the old salts do a good deed for the charity's they support.

I had a few minutes last night so I fabed up a couple of support brackets. I just wanted to sure up the rear section of the framing. It’s was only supported at the ends. It probably would have been ok to support my 215lbs but it never hurts to have things on the rigged side.

I also rigged up a bracket for the livewell pump. It probably would have been ok as well. It doesn’t weigh much and it will be supported by the outlet hose that’s going to go from the pump through the back of the bench to the outlet on the livewell. I insulated the bracket with a piece of rubber so when the pump is running it won’t reverberate through the hull.

Attachments

• 112.JPG
    112.JPG
    969.6 KB · Views: 807
  • 109.JPG
    109.JPG
    874 KB · Views: 807
  • 110.JPG
    110.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 807
  • 119.JPG
    119.JPG