CRAPPIE FISHING LAKE LANIER AND SURROUNDING LAKES

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HILLDADDY88

Reaction score
Good morning everyone! so iv got a bit of dilemma. I want to learn how to fish for crappie in lake lanier ga or any of the surrounding lakes like the lake at ft yargo or morgan falls resivor in roswell ga. I trout fish and bass fish alot and iv got an idea of what lures to use but i dont know where to fish for them or how but i always see people pulling mass numbers out of the lake! and its killing me! any advice on location what kind of lures and how to fish for them would greatly be appreciated! shoot if you wanna grab a couple of beers and go fishing im down to haha also can you fly fish for them?

Attachments

• 2012-09-11_19-35-10_148.jpg
    2012-09-11_19-35-10_148.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 370
  • 2012-07-02_16-31-43_67 2.jpg
    2012-07-02_16-31-43_67 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 370
Can't help on the lake, but regarding the lures. Can use live(minnows/worms/crickets) or artifical lures, grubs, jigs, etc. There are several different methods/styles to fish for crappie, such as float n fly, jigging, trolling or longlining, spider rigging, jigging brush piles, pulling or pushing cranks. Spider rigging usually involves using live minnows under a Caps n Coleman rig, or similar, most other styles use artifical lures, but some do jig live minnows around brush piles or standing timber. And yes, you can use a fly rod for crappie and blue gill as well, check out crappiedotcom, you'll find more info there than you can digest in short time. There is a GA forum, so you might be able to get some tips on your lake in question.

Thankyou for the tip sir! yah iv been doin some thinkin and im probably gona start off with the basics and just grab a crappie lure kit at bass pro and go toss around under some docks and hope for the best! my girlfriend just got me one of them clamp on fish/depth finders by hummingbird for my jon boat so i might go scouting around for some sunken brush piles and have some fun since its suppose to be 70deg this saturday!

Latest posts