Custom ALX Rod Teaser Pics!!!!! UPDATED WITH PICS 9/3

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that thing is nuts! I really like those micro guides.. they really put the rod in a class of its own.. then again, so does the rest of the rod!

I hope I become a good enough angler one day to justify buying a rod like that :lol:

Well i assure you im no pro!! LoL.

Here is the way i look at it. I wanted a top of the line rod for my plastics because i was struggling pretty bad with them. Not feeling bites, second guessing hook sets, etc. Now, when a fish is biting there is no doubt aboout it. It seriously feels like something it exploding on the other end of the line with this rod.

I was going to go with a Cumara, Daiwa Zillion, Phenix Ultra MBX, or another high end rod. They are all over 200 bucks. So i thought heck if i am going to spend that kind of money, it might as well be what i want. I pretty much designed this rod on my own, and he built it. I could not have enjoyed it more. Alex made this an awesome experience. Now i just have to fight the urge to buy more!

That rod is just plain out SICK!!!!

Let me know how you like it in a few months... I like the looks of those micro guides. I saw an article on tackletour.com a few years ago that had the guides that spiraled around the rod - but they weren't micro.

I will tell you this - when you get into crankbaits - don't spend more than $100 - that Skeet Reese Tessera rod is legit. Honestly, those are probably going to be the only rods I buy from now on.. not going to waste my money on any more "high end" stuff - that cranking rod I have is 10 times better than the custom GLoomis blank I had made for cranking...

russ010 said:
I will tell you this - when you get into crankbaits - don't spend more than $100
I agree..You don't need to spend a lot of money on a crankbait rod unless you're really a high roller and are looking for ways to spend money

ilinimud said:
Well i assure you im no pro!! LoL.

Here is the way i look at it. I wanted a top of the line rod for my plastics because i was struggling pretty bad with them. Not feeling bites, second guessing hook sets, etc. Now, when a fish is biting there is no doubt aboout it. It seriously feels like something it exploding on the other end of the line with this rod.

I was going to go with a Cumara, Daiwa Zillion, Phenix Ultra MBX, or another high end rod. They are all over 200 bucks. So i thought heck if i am going to spend that kind of money, it might as well be what i want. I pretty much designed this rod on my own, and he built it. I could not have enjoyed it more. Alex made this an awesome experience. Now i just have to fight the urge to buy more!

nice rod. what kind of blank did you use?

Rogue. The carbon is made in California and rolled into blanks in Oregon. They dont advertise at all. There are only 5 people employed total. I am very happy with this blank! Mine is one that was specially made for him, but he let me use it!

Well here are some pretty cool pics of the micro guides. These things still blow my mind!

Also, Alex did a write up on UltimateBass on them here is a link to that: https://www.ultimatebass.com/content/view/1371/220/

Now the pics:

Attachments

• Micro-eraser.jpg
    Micro-eraser.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 622
  • Microsondimejpg.jpg
    Microsondimejpg.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 622

Latest posts