Di-eletric grease or anti oxide grease???????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottafish

Reaction score
When it comes to wiring, the small things will drive you NUTS! In the last thread it was said look to your auto and minic that. I don't have that kind of money to get into the kind of snap fittings they use. When it comes to keeping water out, you solder and use heat shrink tubing. No problem. What do you use to fill up a terminal? There will be several places where I will use male/female insuladed spade terminals so I can pull it apart and take the electronic with me. Should I spray in di-electirc grease? Is that what it's for or do you do what Ranchero50 says and use anti oxide grease? Are these two items named here the same? What I want to do is pretty much laid out and I know how I want to do, I just have been wondering about this topic for awhile.

Di electric grease is non-conductive it just lubricates/seals things like spark plug boots. I would use No-ox, penetrox, de-ox or something comparable. We have to use those for aluminum wire connections at work, messy stuff, and a little goes a long way.

WOW, sounds like greek to me. Where can I buy them. We have several electrical supply places in town. I guess they would know what I said..LOL. Thanks

Electrical supply house should have atleast one of those, they are just all the same thing from different companys. Home depot, lowes, menards should carry them in the electrical dept. too.

Latest posts