do you hate jet skis...???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your lake gets as much traffic as mine does, you grow to hate everyone not actively enganged in fishing. :lol:

We were trolling a drop on Saturday (with the trolling motor) and were just about speared by a guy with his hua captaining a sailboat. :shock:

The jet ski craze has died off a lot around here but it has been replaced by mega cruisers and wake boats with million gigawatt stereos. There's nothing like a load of hoodlums whooping it up in a boat that's actually designed to throw a 3'+ wake. Those things should be outlawed on public lakes. Imagine the size of the wakes you get when you have 4 or 5 of those things running circles and figure 8's in a bay while you're trying to fish, much less navigate from point A to point B. It's enough to sink most tin boats if you're not watching what you're doing.

Quackrstackr
That's why we sold our "big" tin and built the small one, to fish on total electric or HP restricted lakes. We got tired of having to watch our backs, getting bounced around or run over. :roll:

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it.... I can be sitting in KY Lake in 20 minutes or less as opposed to over an hour to the closest restricted body of water. The 3 restricted lakes are so overfished by tourists that don't have a boat big enough to handle the big water once they get here, they're not even worth going to.

btw... I get a chuckle when I see your user name. I have a buddy with a 17' Bass Tracker that is a diehard bluegill angler. He removed the factory badges on it and had identical ones made that say Gill instead of Bass. Pretty ingenious on his part, I though. :lol:

We have the opposite situation. We can be on 3 electric or HP restricted lakes in 20 minutes or Lanier in an hour +. We are dedicated bluegill hunters :LOL2: :LOL2: .

Winder, Georgia doesn't have to worry about tourists :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=321447#p321447 said:
Keystone » 07 Jul 2013, 09:04[/url]"]Rather have them around than the ski boats that never come up on plane. The wake from the JS is allot less than the big SB's.

yeah i have to agree. I am always on this river near where I live and its not very wide (maybe 100 yds at its widest) but ill be anchored near the bank and a ski boat will come plowing by and about make me take on water. A couple of weeks ago I chased one down and pulled up beside them and gave them my 2 cents. He may have beat me back to the boat ramp but I got my boat out before his!

No worse than someone in a fishing boat that comes roaring up to the middle of a school of fish just because he sees a few boats fishing outside the school.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=321765#p321765 said:
nlester » Today, 17:31[/url]"]No worse than someone in a fishing boat that comes roaring up to the middle of a school of fish just because he sees a few boats fishing outside the school.

You ain't lyin'. Or the guy that sees someone trolling, and they run up in front of them and drop anchor, and when I say "drop" I mean they throw the **** thing 8 feet into the air so it makes a giant splash, then they've got 20 feet of chain that drags across the gunwale as the anchor sinks.

Really chaps my hide when people who don't know how to fish try their best to screw it up for those who do. Sometimes I swear it's intentional. On a few occasions, I've cussed people out for doing things like this, but it doesn't do much good, they look at me with a glazed, ***-eyed expression, and I'm sure it goes in one ear and out the other, so, it's a waste of oxygen.

Ive seen my fair share of the normal jet ski idiots.. jumping the wake when someone is being towed or cutting in front of us. One time I even saw somebody run between the boat and the tube the boat was pullin :shock: when we are on our ski we don't get near other boats and all ways leave plenty of room for the fishing boats.

On another note there must be somebody at my local lake that really hates skis.

My buddy and his dad were on theirs going in a creek looking for a certain fishing hole somebody told them about. they were going along and somebody had a a piece of trotline cord tight across the channel. My buddy who was driving saw it at the last second threw his arm up and blocked it with only minimal damage to his arm. But his dad was cut all down the side of his nech through his mouth and up on his ear. A doctor said if the driver didn't throw his arm up it would of cut his head clean off. Its crazy how stupid some people are...

I think they could be a tremendous source of revenue for cash strapped wildlife agencies.

In the west you have to "apply" for hunting tags...a lottery type system if you will.

To raise revenue, you could have all the various hunting seasons on jet skis...
Archery only season
Muzzle loader season
General rifle season.
.......etc.

Since they aren't "endangered" you could have liberal hunting seasons and very liberal harvest objectives.

Like most critters, they would wise up to the "hunting" activities....resulting in the economic benefit of the marketing and selling of accessories...such as
- decoy fishing boats - set up in a quiet cove, jet skiers couldn't resist coming in and "buzzing" the decoy
- decoy bouys, set up as a race course.

the potential benefit to the wildlife agencies and to the economy are limitless....

Anybody who hates jet skis has obviously never ridden a stand-up ski, which is a totally different world than the sit-down PWC's that dominate the water these days. Back when I first started riding, the biggest majority of PWC's on the water were stand-up models.

Stand up skis are like a motorized surfboard, only cooler. 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDJmGexgQs0&feature=c4-overview&playnext=1&list=TLV-nJt5lXJ2k
(no fishermen were harmed or harassed in the making of this film.....LOL)

Latest posts