Duel Bank Charger with 24v System

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkagBass

Reaction score
I have a 24v Motorguide trolling motor with two 12v deep cycle batteries wired in series. I recently got a minnkota dule bank charger.

charger_layout.jpg

When running the charger, do i need to put some sort of interrupt (switch or simple disconnect) in between the two batteries at position 'A' ?
What are the effects of running the charger when the 24v setup is still connected.

Thanks in advance for any input on this.

no it is not needed just hook up to both batteries.. and you will be fine some say to disconnect the motor before charging

Thank you redbug, I am planning on having the TM on a switch (other than the foot pedal) so having that in the off position should 'disconnect' the TM from the system when charging.

IMHO....it's a good idea to have an inline fuse to your TM...just in case. But, to answer your question and agree with already posted.....no, you don't need to have an interrupt switch for a charger...At least I don't use one or know of anyone that does.

fender66 said:
IMHO....it's a good idea to have an inline fuse to your TM...just in case. But, to answer your question and agree with already posted.....no, you don't need to have an interrupt switch for a charger...At least I don't use one or know of anyone that does.

Thank you fender66, I will have a MotorGuide 50AMP Manual Reset Breaker installed.

Latest posts