Preferred battery Chargers for LifePO Batteries?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Man

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
So, (2) 12V/100amp LifePo batts is what I believe I will be installing for my new MK Terrova 24V/80/60 (non Quest model).

I believe I will be going with the LiTime 12V/100 batteries designed for Trolling Motors ...
LiTime Trolling Motor Batts

I will be needing a 2 bank charger capable of properly charging the two 12V/100 LifePO batteries.

Is the NOCO GenPro a suitable charger? I'm thinking the GENPRO10X2 version.

NOCO

Thoughts?

I have the NOCO GEN 5X2.

The NOCO GENPRO 10X2 is suitable for your batteries. Each bank is switchable between standard LA batteries, AGM, and Lithium batteries.

The only reason I would see to spring for the 10X2 over the 5X2 is a shorter charging time with the 10X2. If you're on a trip with heavy usage and 8 hours of charging time overnight isn't enough, I might see the justification for spending nearly 90% more for the 10X2.

Thanks for the input.

I decided on the Noco 10X2 for the two 12v/100amp LiTime Lithiums and the Noco 5X2 for the LA Group 24s (starter and house).

My 10X2 weighs 8.74# and the 5X2 4.17#

Your 10X4 weighs 16.98#!!
I think you might be looking at the packaged weight. Data sheets indicate 4 and 15.5 pounds which is still plenty heavy.

Hopefully that means bigger transformers with more copper. However, I expect that much of the weight is potting material to keep everything waterproof.

I’m thinking of saving the 10x4 for the bigger boat and getting a 10x2 and a 5x2 for smaller boat. (10x 2 for the 100 A/hr, 5x 2 for the 50 A/hr and starter batt.). Unless the extra ballast is needed that would save a couple of pounds on the small boat and the new North River needs a charger anyway.