Duracraft 1436 Fun

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampfox88

Reaction score
My first Jon boat or any boat at that, I traded a guy on craigslist, for a paint sprayer I had, he had already sold the motor, so I got the boat (1976 1436 Duracraft) and trailer, depth finder, marine battery, bilge pump and few other small items I was pretty excited.cl ad boat.jpg

I immediately had a ton of ideas in my head, that I wanted to do. I began sanding the entire trailer and repainting it with undercoating spray to prevent any more rust. painted guides and cleaned up wheels and bearings which we actually in great shape.trailer.jpg

Here are pictures of the boat when I first got it.old boat 1.jpgold boat 2.jpgold boat 3.jpgold boat 4.jpg

I since have sanded the entire boat to bare aluminum and repainted it deep forest green, also gutter the inside. Once this was done I filled boat with water to check for leaks, it had one rivet drip leak and another drip leak where the previous owner placed the depth finder sensor. That was good news the boat being so old.new boat 1.jpgnew boat 3.jpgnew boat 2.jpgnew boat 4.jpg

Checking for leaksleak 1.jpgleak 2.jpg

since I have painted the interior and added carpet, now im back to brainstorming on what to do as far as decks, seats, and storage, and finding a motor of course.new boat 5 (577x1024).jpgnew boat 6 (94x166) (2).jpgnew boat 7 (94x166) (2).jpg

Latest posts