Duracraft Semi V 13.5 Ft Conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Price

Reaction score
Looking to fix this ole boat up and make it live its best life.

I've lurked around the site for a while and am finally taking the time to do my build.

Hopefully, I keep up with documenting the process, but here's the start!

I've started stripping the paint and hoping to get it painted soon before I start into the floors and such.

If anyone has a similar boat or knows of a thread that matches my boat let me know!

Attachments

• IMG_0347.jpeg
    IMG_0347.jpeg
    306.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0348.jpeg
    IMG_0348.jpeg
    314.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0352.jpeg
    IMG_0352.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0351.jpeg
    IMG_0351.jpeg
    505.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0350.jpeg
    IMG_0350.jpeg
    524.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0349.jpeg
    IMG_0349.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 0
Cool Duracraft, Price! I love this era of their utilities.
If I were placing a wager, I would guess that it's one of their Pacemaker series. They had many configurations of that model through the years.
I have one myself that I guess to have been produced around 1961. It's tough to date this brand as they used sequential serial numbers on every boat off the line no matter the model - and that continued year to year.
Forgive me if you already have treaded these waters, but in general, what I can offer is that this was a family-owned business created immediately after WW2 by the Ward brothers, Bill and Chick. It continued to be a family business through the early '80s with the second generation of Wards. They sold off the business (and the records) in 1983.
Duracraft continues today with a corporate ownership, but it's doubtful that any of the company history can be gleaned from the modern version.
However, the third generation of Ward siblings have now started up again with War Eagle and the last I heard, it included some of the old company employees. If you choose to reach out to the company for info, I would pursue the War Eagle angle rather than the modern Duracraft.
Regarding their boat building techniques, they used a similar process as Alumacraft where entire hull halves were stretch-formed hydraulically, minimizing riveted panels. Strength was added by adding the extrusions and the full depth seats. Most of the transom corners were welded, as well.
It's a solid platform. I wish you well with the journey.
Old advert included below ... I'll toss in a couple of my own just for giggles. I'm in the process of converting it to a runabout, though.

Attachments

• Duracrafta59001.jpg
    Duracrafta59001.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210418_194039331_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210418_194039331_HDR.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220212_153437~2.jpg
    20220212_153437~2.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 0
Cool Duracraft, Price! I love this era of their utilities.
If I were placing a wager, I would guess that it's one of their Pacemaker series. They had many configurations of that model through the years.
I have one myself that I guess to have been produced around 1961. It's tough to date this brand as they used sequential serial numbers on every boat off the line no matter the model - and that continued year to year.
Forgive me if you already have treaded these waters, but in general, what I can offer is that this was a family-owned business created immediately after WW2 by the Ward brothers, Bill and Chick. It continued to be a family business through the early '80s with the second generation of Wards. They sold off the business (and the records) in 1983.
Duracraft continues today with a corporate ownership, but it's doubtful that any of the company history can be gleaned from the modern version.
However, the third generation of Ward siblings have now started up again with War Eagle and the last I heard, it included some of the old company employees. If you choose to reach out to the company for info, I would pursue the War Eagle angle rather than the modern Duracraft.
Regarding their boat building techniques, they used a similar process as Alumacraft where entire hull halves were stretch-formed hydraulically, minimizing riveted panels. Strength was added by adding the extrusions and the full depth seats. Most of the transom corners were welded, as well.
It's a solid platform. I wish you well with the journey.
Old advert included below ... I'll toss in a couple of my own just for giggles. I'm in the process of converting it to a runabout, though.
It certainly looks similar and that's an interesting history lesson!