Earthquake

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northwest Montgomery county Pa. here. I was outside when the Jersey quake hit and didn’t feel a thing. My wife came out and said she felt the house shaking a bit. Had no idea what it was. Back in 2011 I was doing some repairs in a large gymnasium when a quake hit. Could feel the vibrations and it was more than unnerving when all the exposed steel structure of the roof start to vibrate, hum, and creak. I kinda froze for a second then made tracks for the door. Was over before I got outside.

My son is in Parsippany NJ and was working from home. He felt the house shake and there were a few pictures on the walls that needed re-leveling. His wife was outside. and only slightly felt it, like heavy equipment next door.

My daughter, was in the office in Manhatten, and felt it. I'm still amazed that no one was hit by a loose brick or other debris structure. There is allot of older buildings, not in the best condition, in northern NJ and NYC.

Often people will comment to me, "I'd never live where you live, you get hurricanes, snow storms, Nor Easters, flooding etc."

I rather all those things I can prepare for, an Earthquake and Tornado, well that chit sneaks up on you, BAM, you're dead.

Latest posts