el Pescador 12' build.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanbc

Reaction score
And with only a month till fishing season starts Im in a rush to start my boat build. Let me tell you abit about me... screw that nobody cares about me just my boat :lol: I think im going to name it el Pescador !!! or is that dumb?

1960 ish Lowe 12' Alum boat
1984 Merc 9.8 OB
This is what it looks like now.
Boat.jpg

This is kinda what im looking at doing to el Pescador
Removable pedestal seats in the front and back
Storage areas front, back and sides with LED lighting
fish finder.

Enjoy!!!!!!
Boat2.jpg

a boats name should be a representation of you and your style, my boats name was "not much but mine," because it is all i can afford. "The fisherman" sounds like a good idea to me.

well considering i get around an hour a week to work on my boat I have not done much. But I do have some pictures of myprogress.
I plan on using 3/4" plywood for the deck, floor, and bench
and 1/4'' for the sides, all wood is sealed with spar
front seat frame work and small storage box
P1010360.jpg

Middle seat frame work, with battery box cut out.
P1010359.jpg

Ha....when I saw the name on your title, I wondered how a fiberglass boat made it on this site.

I owned TWO 16 ft El pescador's ( the original ones) a long time ago. Here is a LINK to the new owner's site for the new version of the El Pescador. Good name. Good boat.

I am sure that your rendition will be worthy of the name, too. regards, rich

https://www.elpescadorboats.com/

richg99 said:
Ha....when I saw the name on your title, I wondered how a fiberglass boat made it on this site.

I owned TWO 16 ft El pescador's ( the original ones) a long time ago. Here is a LINK to the new owner's site for the new version of the El Pescador. Good name. Good boat.

I am sure that your rendition will be worthy of the name, too. regards, rich

https://www.elpescadorboats.com/
I had no idea that there was a boat company called el pescador. Nice boats, but does not suit me. my little lake boat is just perfect. :p

Well i have had some time to work on the boat a bit hear and there. Frame work, wood treatment, and carpeting is all done. All that is left is to install the battery, fish finder, rod holders, and seats
P1010414.jpg

P1010415.jpg

P1010416-1.jpg

Just an update on my progress.
I have all the carpet done, just waiting for the seats and fishfinder to come in.

But I do have one problem:
I have had to drill out the rivets that are holding the support beam for the transom. It goes from the floor to the transom. I have found and bought solid aluminum rivets to replace these but it looks like i need a power rivet gun to make these properly seat and not leak. Using 2 hammers does not seem like a good idea.

Does any one have any ideas on what I can do ?
Can I use a pop rivet gun but with closed end rivets?

any help on this would be great
Thanks !!!